Discuss Wireless stat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Any thoughts guys.

Called out to a Siemens wireless stat this morning where signal is not reaching boiler.

Boiler is a Biasi SpA if that has any bearing.

Checked all wiring and that receiver and stat have power - both ok. Is this likely to be a boiler problem or a stat problem as I think I've checked and tested all switches and connections that I can think of.

Ps boiler fires fine using manual controls as previous engineer had bypassed stat to allow CH usage.

Any thoughts appreciated

I'd say receiver fault! Is it the one with the big wheel in the middle? If the stat has been linked out no fault with the boiler IMHO

Yes it is the one with the wheel. I had a feeling it'd be the receiver too but ran out of tests to try. Cheers

Have you tried resetting the receiver remove the battery and reconfiguring the link between the 2 I always try that first before doing any thing else

Siemens ones need re-linking when the batteries are low. On the back of the stat unit, there should be a couple of buttons behind a cover. Can't remember the sequence, but you have to do something with them to re-link it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless stat problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed...
Replies
Views
Following on from my question about monitoring F & R temperatures, I needed a measuring device because the overheat stat. frequently trips and...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate my heating since installation, but it's just stopped working (Blank screen, no new battery's fixed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock