Discuss Wilo Gold Class F pump replacement/repair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

F Giles

I have had to remove the pump from my central heating/hot water system as I suspect a fault as it was overheating. Unfortunately the ball isolating valves are seized and I need to replace them.

Q. 1.

Can I connect the pump to the mains to test the operation of the pump?

Q. 2.

Should I replace the ball valves with gate valves?

Q. 3

What replacement pump should I choose?

Yes, but spinning in fresh air isn't the same as spinning under working conditions.
Yes.
Grundfoss.

Thanks for reply.

I see in google search for 28mm pump valves figures in the specs in the form 300X292. The digits vary for other valves although they look similar. What do these numbers mean and how can I find them for my old valves?

28mm pump unions are pretty common, go have a chat with your local plumbers merchants in the morning, lift a new pump at the same time.

Northern isles.
Well give us a bit a better understanding what you do with the pump maybe you get a bit better advice what to use.
As for the pump valves, definitely yes replace them with gate valves if you can. But keep in mind that gate valves are slightly longer.

Thanks for that. It would be easier to fit ball valves if gate valves are longer, leaving the existing olives in place and avoid cutting the pipe.

is it possible to free the old valves using penetrating oil or even vinegar? (our water is very hard)

Usually you can get the large pump nuts to slacken if you tap their flat faces with a hammer. You may need to eventually hit them fairly hard & you need a lot of patience. Personally, if you are going to change the entire valves, just replace with the gate valve type, even though you might need to cut a pipe shorter. If the nuts on the pipes are seized very badly (rarely would be that bad) you could cut them on an angle using a junior hacksaw with a new blade in it, on opposite sides of the nut & split it off with a slotted screwdriver. Provided the water is drained obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wilo Gold Class F pump replacement/repair? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi Fitted a new out the box’s boiler today. It worked for 30 minutes. Then stoped and went to fault codes 2965 B Flow temperature too high ▶...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock