Discuss Wilo Flowson maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnCorby

I have a Wilo Flowson pump which does not run. Is there a maintenance/ service proceedure to clear any blockage or hard water deposits?

take the center screw out and try spinning it with a screw driver,failing that and assuming the electricity's connected to it you need a new one

some times a couple of sharp taps with a hammer will free a stuck pump only as a last resort when theres nothing to lose

Another thing to try is to turn the speed selector up or down. Often works. Capacitor can fail to start motor also. If pump is scaled up, pump body could be removed & scraped clean, but I would worry why it scaled in the first place. Often a new pump best, esp. if it's old. Pump motors are basically a magnet, so pump will gradually gather magnetite, just like these stronger magnets that are now used in systems to clean or protect all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wilo Flowson maintenance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2 (it's TurboBlock Pro). Does somebody have service manual / maintenance PDF where can I get some...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone offer me advice, I’ll try and keep it short! Just cleaned my magma cleanse unit, and it wasn’t too bad since last boiler service 1...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Back