Search the forum,

Discuss Williams website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, does anyone else have problems using it with an iPad using safari i.e trying to get your basket to open or trying to refine what you are looking for? Thanks Adam

Same problem here aswell.

Dont like the new site at all.
Also i have the problem it'll only log me when using my ipad if i try logging in on my laptop it just goes back to the log on screen no error messages which is a pain in the erse

The new website is not as easy to navigate as the old one, but not noticed any logging-in problems.

Same problem here aswell.

Dont like the new site at all.
Also i have the problem it'll only log me when using my ipad if i try logging in on my laptop it just goes back to the log on screen no error messages which is a pain in the erse

Mine does the same have to use the wides I pad to log in

Mine does the same have to use the wides I pad to log in

Glad its not only me. You get the feeling your doing something wrong.
Btw always had this problem old site and new.

Old site was so much easier to navigate.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those with login issues, try clearing your browsers history, cookies, and cache and usernames and passwords and things. (Usually all cleared with one button in the settings.) That usually then starts a fresh for you and it should log you in.

Not sure that'll work. Does he have access to the arms?

Hi Guys

Sorry to hear about these problems.

We were already planning to change the old site as a result of complaints about tedious site navigation and poor search tools when we had the security problem earlier this year. That lead us to accelerate the changes a bit, but I thought that the site navigation was much better with the new mega-menu? Of course, I tend to use the site from a desk-top, so I might be missing problems which are only apparent on tablets or phones - so I will try on my iPad in the morning.

Can someone explain to be the specifics of the problem with iPads? Preferably in words that an old geezer can understand, without too much tech lingo?

I hope we haven't "improved" it until its worse than it was before!

just find the new site unusable in general using an ipad in safari , which is the apple version of an internet browser.
The log on issues have always been there old site and new dont know why.

I have to add i use my ipad for nearly everything other than writing up quotes etc which i do on my laptop. But would use the website more if it was accessible to log in from my laptop.

just find the new site unusable in general using an ipad in safari , which is the apple version of an internet browser.
The log on issues have always been there old site and new dont know why.

When you say "unusable" Jules - what parts are not working? Or is it just very slow? The more specific you can be, the better I can brief the techies!

Trying to go into the basket it just doesnt open in safari.
But i just the find the new website (sorry) shiiiite in general i just dont like it. Could you you not just have an option to use old site or new.

Trying to go into the basket it just doesnt open in safari.

This is the tricky part for us, as lots of Safari users are shopping with us every day. More than a dozen have transacted in the last hour. Thats what is so frustrating for us trying to understand the problem!

But i just the find the new website (sorry) shiiiite in general i just dont like it. Could you you not just have an option to use old site or new.

I'm sorry that we can't go back to the old site - but you will recall the security problem that we had?

Do you mind if Paul, Ian or I call in the morning. We really need to give the techies something more specific than "shiiite!" :)

Sorry ray am really busy tomorrow. I will sit down over and the weekend go through what i dont like about new website
But it doesnt seem to have the same usability as the old site. It could be that im older and young uns find new site easier but I suppose as the old saying goes you cant please all the people all of the time. But i found the old site easy to use this one i dont, which is why i stopped using it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those with login issues, try clearing your browsers history, cookies, and cache and usernames and passwords and things. (Usually all cleared with one button in the settings.) That usually then starts a fresh for you and it should log you in.

Instructions not clear enough. Got my dick stuck in a ceiling fan.

Sorry for being blunt im rather drunk and im off to bed before i get myself into further trouble

Well I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works as I can't login into the website on my desktop and only on my iPad. Have to agree with Jules that the new website is a nightmare to navigate round - realise it's probably me but have lost the will to live when half way through a couple of orders and just ended up going somewhere else.

Well I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works as I can't login into the website on my desktop and only on my iPad. Have to agree with Jules that the new website is a nightmare to navigate round - realise it's probably me but have lost the will to live when half way through a couple of orders and just ended up going somewhere else.

What was the problem / what didn't you like ?

The problem with login is it comes up with a code kCFErrorDomainwinsock:10054 and says safari can't open it.

When you click the basket icon using iPad it doesn't do anything, I have to hold basket icon the let go so it give option of open, open in new tab, copy and or copy the page link only way to access basket is to open in new tab.

I quite like the new site, the search function is vastly improved. Perhaps the 'mega menus' are a tad 'busy'. Bit too much going on so it doesn't fit on the laptop screen very well. But overall I like it.

I rarely use the site as I don’t have to buy much :) But given this thread I thought I would have a look around.
Using a laptop I logged in immediately and browsed around. I like the mega menu. I added things to my basket and removed them all without a problem. Site was very quick.
All in all, for me, a great improvement on the old site.

Thanks for all the input so far, and please keep it coming.

Its enormously useful - whether positive or negative (we obviously have something going wrong, as some of our earliest and most enthusiastic supporters are experiencing a degradation of service) - but the most valuable thing is a) to understand what device and browser you are using, and b) to have a clear understanding of how any problems manifest themselves.

I may even dole out freebies to people who are very helpful in detailing problems, which provides out techies with a starting point for a solution. Except Adam obviously. Freebies just excite him, and then he gets over-tired, and we all know where that leads...

Just tried logging in on my newish laptop that ive had for around 3 months and would you believe it logs me in. So i suppose i dont really have any issues with the laptop when i moved around its good to use. But the issues are apparent on the ipad which i do use a lot.

1. When you go to the basket tap the icon nothing happens you have to keep you fingers pressed on for it to give you the option of opening or open in another tab etc.

After comparing between laptop and tablet the laptop website is far easier to navigate.

Problems for me last few weeks using iPad. Everything works, except the basket button! So can't complete or edit the order. I gave up last time, but decided to call. Nice guy on the end of the phone who completed on the phone.
I've turned iPad on/off deleted history ( a common theme!! :blush5:) but still won't work. I'm not sure what iOS im using, if it's not the latest, it's the one before. Works perfectly on my phone on the same router.
Hope this helps the it dept.

iPad & iPhone both on latest iOS website works fine on iPhone seems like just the iPads have the issues

Yep, we have duplicated the problem regarding the basket button on the iPad, and the techies are working on it now.

Thanks very much for all your help.

OK, we think we have solved the problem of the basket button not opening on the iPad. If anyone has any more problems with that specific issue, please let me know.

I have been testing the site with an iPad today for general usability. I found that using it in portrait mode was quite frustrating, as certain key search tools - particularly the ability to filter on price/size/brand etc doesn't appear on screen.

However, when I turned the iPad to landscape, these tools re-appeared, and it was much more like the experience that I got on my desktop or laptop.

I hope this helps. We will be looking to improve the usability on iPad in portrait mode, but that will have to wait for the next major release, which is still in the planning stage, and will be some time before being ready to launch.

Further up the thread people mentioned problems with logging on.

Is this still an issue? If so, it would be a great help to have more detail about error messages (if any) device type, browser name and version number, and whether the problem is permanent or intermittent.

Thanks again.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Williams website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I have just looked back through the regs this seems to have changed and it isn't mentioned now. It now mentions if at high level it should be discharged...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock