Search the forum,

Discuss Will doing this blow up the heating system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom_B

Hi Everyone,

My CH system has a an underfloor heating loop in the kitchen. What I want to do is run the UFH 24 hours with its own control system. The Glow worm 38cxi boiler only has one circulation pump so can I fit a motor valve into the radiator circuit and control it with a wireless thermostat? Is there enough of a loop that the circulation pump will be ok or will bad things happen?

I have attached a picture of the boiler layout.

thanks!

Tom

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    650.1 KB · Views: 24
Hi Tom, your Gloworm has its own internal circulator pump and the ZRU of your UFH also has its own circulator pump. So you can have two separate zones by installing a motorised valve and a room thermostat. Just make sure you also include a differential automatic bypass as well and it won't blow up.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply, so the differential bypass valve would go in just before the motor valve and bridge the flow and return pipes?

Brilliant - thanks Darren, I guessed something like that would be necessary, your help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Will doing this blow up the heating system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a three zone heating system plus water cylinder (OSO Super S 250L) on an Valliant EcoTec 637. Two CH zones and a UFH zone. Boiler is rarely at maximum power rating, even at full tilt. The UFH zone has it's own pump and the other two zones (three storey house) are just pumped from the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Morning, I have a job later this week with the above , Viessmann Vitodens System boiler. It has a 4 pipe setup with internal diverter and at present there is a wireless thermostat/programmer controller in the hallway. Customer wants a Honeywell Evohome System and I just wondered if I can wire...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock