Search the forum,

Discuss White goods appliance repairs do any guys do it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

julesverne

Keep getting asked if we repair stuff like washing and diswasher eleccy ovens etc. So seriously looking into this as i believe it would be relatively easy to market along side existing business.
Avoiding fridges though from personal experience had 2 repairs done in the past and theyve never lasted more 3-6 months.
Anyonelse do it or thought about it. Any pitfalls to be avoided.

I have found the price of spares unbelievable, I've tried to repair 2 of my own appliances and I can remember a dishwasher needed a waste water pump and it was £300! It's cheaper to just replace and that's what a lot of people do.

Yeah i know some spares are stupid bit like boilers. But would look to charge a diagnostic fee for the hour so wiuldnt be an issue if they didnt go ahead with repair and i cant see all repairs being so expensive on parts. But know where you coming from millsy

I get asked all the time as well and it used to be a well thought of job but it seems to of died out now.

I got chatting to a repair lad for a manufacturer, think it was Samsung. He gets paid £30 for every completed job, travels around 200/250 miles a day.
The only way it would pay would be to have a van full of spares, and get the repair done on 1 st visit. Think I will give it a miss.

One of my mates brother in-laws does it just pass it to him he carries some bits on him

Not for me that, lumping washing machines about the kitchen, then trying to line them up and level them back in if they're integrated
Then Mrs Jones says, you've marked my (20 yr old, split around the edges lino) brand new cushion floor and you charged me 40/50/60/70 quid to tell me it's a write off and to buy new one!
Feck that

It's a dying trade. Unless you really are used to working on washing machines etc, then you are not going to be quick at fixing them.
I have fixed a few washing machines and cookers. The cookers can be so easy - just elements gone often. Washing machines are alright if just motor brushes or other easy to fit part. But you still have to look at the machine, leave and order the parts or drive miles for them.
Frankly, the up and coming jobs are fixing showers or especially push button toilets. Plenty of work at them and few out there can be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to White goods appliance repairs do any guys do it. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock