Discuss Whistling sound coming from Hot Water Cyclinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,
I have a joule cyclone twin solar unvented pressurised hot water cylinder that is floor standing. Just recently, I have noticed when I turn on the hot water supply taps anywhere in the house, a whistling sound starts to come from the tank itself. It gets louder the more you open the hot water tap and there is a small vibration coming from the non return hot water supply valve which is on top on the tank itself. I do notice though, if the water isnt at a high temperature the sound is barely there at all. The temp and pressure relief valve doesnt seem to be leaking and I cant detect any air leaks elsewhere on the tank.
Any ideas to what is the fault?

You need a g3 registered engineer to look at it for you. Nothing on those cylinders is a diy repair.
Thanks Simon, I wont be carrying out the repairs, I just wanted to gain some knowledge of what could be happening, I'm interested in plumbing and work in a similar industry.

Reply to Whistling sound coming from Hot Water Cyclinder in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock