Search the forum,

Discuss Which Text Book For ACS (CCN1)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my previous post, I asked which parts of the ACS I needed to change me from a plumber into a plumber who can fit boilers (CCN1, CEN1 and CPA by the looks of it).

I have no idea what a mountain this will be to climb, and how difficult it is. It seems like it could be a long and expensive process, especially as I will be funding it myself.

To get an idea of what is involved, I would like to know which text book is the first text book you study as part of the ACS curriculum. I presume that it will be the book for CCN1, as I think this is the first part of the ACS process? I will then buy the book to give me some idea of whether I am intelligent enough to stay the course and understand the subject.

Thanks for any help.

I would suggest you need to get hold of BPEC book. It will cost you around £50/-. A very easy book to understand.

or the niceic 1 and 2 book for £40, or corgi for £25, and viper for £90 i think, check em out.

All books are good, but do not focus merely on CCN1, the subject is gas safety, and it is important you understand the theory, know how and why behind it all. I suggest a book by i think it is D.B. Trealour -- Gas safety utilisation, it describes the whole subject in an easy to understand subject. However there is a mountain to climb. The hardest bit and most important is getting gas safety experience. remember even though you may only want to fit boilers, the minute you do your gas tightness test you are visually responsible for all appliances in the property !!!! I am aware of programs out there that can help you learn the whole subject before jumping in. Keep shopping around and good luck ! Some online book stores let you look through a few pages first to see if its right for you. Remember reading and learning and knowing are 3 different things. Learning to fly a plane or drive a car cant be done by reading a book. the hardest part of your ACS is not the theory tests ITS THE PRACTICAL !! and more importantly in order to fit boilers you need to demonstrate to Gas Safe or an employer that you can do it SOLO !!! in accordance with the Gas Safety regulations. Find a book or program that explains all of this simply. Yours is the first step ... Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which Text Book For ACS (CCN1)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock