Search the forum,

Discuss Which System Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reepham2003

Hi

I'm renovating a house and am having to learn about pressurised systems etc.

I am looking for a 24kw system boiler and have narrowed my choice down to :
Worcester-Bosch 24i and an Alpha 24S.

Would appreciate any guidance on how to make the final choice.

Thanks

mark

Worcester i'd opt for due to the name, it's one I recognise although I don't know much about either.

I'll see what info I can find for you but one of the other members (although we only have a few at the moment as we're still pretty new) may be able to answer you with more detail.

worcester has the best reputation. have you worked out the size you need. if so have you added a little extra on so the boiler is not working hard, this will let the boiler last longer

flick a coin. all boilers can last as lond as a light bulb. my first worcester packed in after 10 hrs,(fault on pcb) customer slagged me off like mad.told him it was pcb straight away. he called worcester engineer, who said pcb's never go. after replacing fan & gas valve decided to go for pcb! guess what???????
21 yrs plumbing beaten once not a bad record really

forgot to say if you are staying in the house buy a dear one if you are selling it buy a cheap one. aristons do alright

Last edited by a moderator:
go for the cheapest theyre all the same not worth paying extra for unreliable worcester

Like anything well engineered, it's always German! Bosch have a great rep, not just from the customers point of view but also from the engineers as well. Customer service is top notch and reliability excellent, what more could you want. Also, its a good selling point if you come to sell the house. It will save you money in the long run. :D

have you added a little extra on so the boiler is not working hard, this will let the boiler last longer
A boiler is not like a car engine. If you have a large engine in a car then the engine will be able to run at lower revs than a small engine, which will reduce wear and tear on the components. It's one of the reasons why Rolls Royce engines last longer than Fiat 500s.

In a boiler, all that will happen of you install a larger one than necessary is that the gas valve will close down so you are consuming the correct amount of gas. The wear and tear on the boiler will not be reduced.

fitted my first rehema system boiler this week i was very impressed i must admit good finish quiet and easy to install several features on it reminded me of my usual favorite the vaillant
personally ive not been impressed by worcesters for a long while plasticy and poor finish

Was expecting "worcester and Vaillant" or "worcester and Viessmann", but instead I read worcester and alpha, in fact I read it twice, how did your choice get "narrowed" down to that. If that is your choice and this is going in a place that will be your home for the best part of a decade, then the descision is done, worcester it is. There is a difference between manufacturers, ask your spare part suppliers, why does vaillant still operate when I can pick up the equivalant Ferrolli for 350 plus vat cheaper.

Was expecting "worcester and Vaillant" or "worcester and Viessmann", but instead I read worcester and alpha, in fact I read it twice, how did your choice get "narrowed" down to that. If that is your choice and this is going in a place that will be your home for the best part of a decade, then the descision is done, worcester it is. There is a difference between manufacturers, ask your spare part suppliers, why does vaillant still operate when I can pick up the equivalant Ferrolli for 350 plus vat cheaper.
alphas are offering long gaurantees if you fit their extras which i belive is a filter and magna clean setup not seen the newer models but some of the early ones were poor
i would take a serious look at the rehema five year gaurantee part of broag who are well rated in commercial boilers

Well my two penith worth ..........

Alpha is always the forgotten boiler and is under stated

Worcester is always mentioned and the cheaper models overstated and their top models over priced

Alpha is a very,very reliable boiler and has no problem standing beside any boiler in its class

I have always liked vaillant but builld quality has gone down alot the last few years,have had leaks and sticking valves

Ferrolli have design faults,so to glowworm,stay away

Rehema is a good boiler and has that 5 year cover which is nice,they have just brought a economy version out,so be careful as this model has no track record

Anyway between alpha and worcester....I would go for the Alpha...they still have both feet on the ground and seem to have kept their quality were others seem to be cutting corners

Ferrolli is doing five year parts and labour too, still not going to install them unless a customer desperately wants me and that boiler. As said before vaillant has not given me issues, when they do, i will reconsider.

Hi

I'm renovating a house and am having to learn about pressurised systems etc.

I am looking for a 24kw system boiler and have narrowed my choice down to :
Worcester-Bosch 24i and an Alpha 24S.

Would appreciate any guidance on how to make the final choice.

Thanks

mark

Do yourself a great favour mate and get a Vaillant system comprising of Echotec 624 system boiler and a Vaillant unvented cylinder with Vaillant controls and get a weather compensation stat. You won't regret this decision ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which System Boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock