Search the forum,

Discuss Which report in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfxy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Which magazine has reported the mis-selling of solar PV systems with exaggerated performance claims does this mean MCS is not fit for purpose? now the Micropower council? has vowed to root out these cowboys well that shouldn't be too hard as their sales techniques and claims of efficiency's will all be noted in their QMS system wont it?
Solar Panels - Anglian Home Improvements have a look at these lot they are not even MCS registered is it any wonder that a lot of people have no confidence in this cosy little club called MCS.:banghead:

Which magazine has reported the mis-selling of solar PV systems with exaggerated performance claims does this mean MCS is not fit for purpose? now the Micropower council? has vowed to root out these cowboys well that shouldn't be too hard as their sales techniques and claims of efficiency's will all be noted in their QMS system wont it?
Solar Panels - Anglian Home Improvements have a look at these lot they are not even MCS registered is it any wonder that a lot of people have no confidence in this cosy little club called MCS.:banghead:

This just proves the point that MCS does not provide anything "Quality". This is a good one for MickW to ram ..I mean persuade the powers that be that maybe the MCS should be re-considered.

now i dont care about mcs,or other stupid organisations that want to rip us off but i will say this,dont belive everything you read in which they often get it wrong example baxi duotec most efficient boiler etc etc,potterton gold breakes down alot not as reliable as the baxi or as efficient same boilers different badge and when they done this report the gold was only launched 6 months later

This is the Micropower Council, who apparently are the leading voice for all in the renewables trade, hmmm...

Micropower | The leading voice for business in the microgeneration sector

Anyone had any dealings with them?

Just had a quick look and once again its another outfit for the big boys or manufacturers minimum price ÂŁ520 a year, you will probably find that these big companies join this type of thing because it get be set against their books instead of paying TAX once again they claim to be campaigning on behalf of our industry and forgetting us the back bone of British Industry the one man band and small business, I also noticed a couple of companies on there whos work I have inspected and condemned who are MCS accredited and If they are the voice of renewable energy then I am a gimp mask wearing nun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting to note if you scroll down, there is some sort of campaign
"The UK's PV LEGAL workshop will take place at the Microgeneration UK 2011 conference. The aim of this forum is to explore the UK's findings relating to the legal & administrative barriers, faced by the UK PV industry."..
Do you think this is the electrical equivalent of our struggle?

yup sure do I posted on the change MCS thread earlier about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which report in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock