Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss which one's best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
looking to buy a new multimeter off ebay , seen these 2 so far , the fluke 77 like my old employer had , and like the guy in mr combi dvd uses , or ive seen the fluke 23 . any ideas?

Any particular reason for buying a Fluke?

An Extech or Amprobe (made by Fluke) will do the same job at a fraction of the price.

I bought a second hand fluke of ebay for £20 it was almost new.

only one way to find out:boxing_smiley:

lost out on a fluke 77 on ebay this morning! i bided up to 35 , somebdy else won it at 36!!! just because i couldent get up before 9:10 to see it finish!!! haha

The Fluke 116 is the dog's danglers for our game. Not cheap, but will last you a lifetime. Not a comment for the OP but anyone else reading; ensure you buy an autorange multimeter, it's less bother when your are working in the dark bowels of a Heating system. Also, the cheaper ones will only measure a low Ampage, while this may only be a problem when working on Leccy showers for example, even then only a rare requirement.

I have a cheap one that rattles around in my Hand Tools & I keep my Fluke 116 well protected in the van.

Over the last 20 years Digi Multimeters have come on in leaps & bounds. Amprobe & even the Draper one are good entry level ones. Regardless, they're a gift from the Gods in Boiler & C/Heating controls repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to which one's best in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My property is a 3-bed terraced with double glazing windows... It currently has no central heating, so I will get a new combi fitted...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock