Search the forum,

Discuss Which is the Best Toilet Seat for Not Slipping to One Side in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bedevilled by toilet seats which come loose and slip to one of the WC basin. I have many complaints from the family, but buying new seats and tightening them up on the screws provided doesn't seem to work for me. They still end up loosening, repeatedly.:disappointed:

Any ideas?

Try the ones in the doc m pack they have L brackets for that

Welcome to the forums. Time to put the family on a diet perhaps? :)

Try the ones in the doc m pack they have L brackets for that

Thanks for your reply. That is very helpful.

Just one question. If I ask for a "doc m pack" at my plumbers' merchants I presume that they will be familiar with that product?

Welcome to the forums. Time to put the family on a diet perhaps? :)

Lol! Yes, I see what you mean!

I think there is maybe a certain lack of care when being seated... I'd like to send them all for ballet lessons. But, what chance of that!

Google is your best friend (after ukpf of course), just type a few words in and see where it takes you. :bowwow:

get a mrs with a huge bum, self stabilising by touching the walls both sides :)

i have fitted some from skunkfix for tenanted properties. they have something like a surefix seat that dosnt come loose.
seem ok so far 1 year on.

Just fitted one from SFix that uses a sort of rawlplug to secure. Seems very secure and it was a soft close at about ÂŁ12. Only time will tell but seems like a much quicker install as you dont have to go crawling under the pan to tighten. Its all done from above with a phillips screwdriver. Also the seat has a quick release button to make it easier to clean!!!

Last week I had trouble with a seat that had a similar design and had been installed for at least a few years. The "rawl plug" had harden up over the years and I then couldn't tighten it up any more to secure it. Can't comment on how old it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which is the Best Toilet Seat for Not Slipping to One Side in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock