Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Which is the best boiler vs heat pumps in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

kevintrot

https://www.rapidheat247.co.uk/
Hello, I am not sure about the boiler as well as heat pump. Please tell me which one I should put in to heat my home.

Boiler.
Systems are now being designed and fitted with heatpumps in mind but I don't think the infrastructure or market offering it there yet.
I think the market will be much more established and competitive in 10-15 years so unless your not on mains gas I'd say its a good time for a new boiler.

As above, if you've got gas, fit a gas boiler.
Gas isn't going anywhere, the make up of it may change but unless the price of gas is raised, which would affect millions of existing users, then the cost of running a Heat pump will never be less than the cost of running a gas boiler.

Also the cost of buying a heat pump will never be equal to or less than buying a gas boiler due to the complexity of the heat pump.

As above, if you've got gas, fit a gas boiler.
Gas isn't going anywhere, the make up of it may change but unless the price of gas is raised, which would affect millions of existing users, then the cost of running a Heat pump will never be less than the cost of running a gas boiler.

Also the cost of buying a heat pump will never be equal to or less than buying a gas boiler due to the complexity of the heat pump.
Thanks for your response.

Reply to Which is the best boiler vs heat pumps in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a 3 storey house built in 1904. We put UFH in the house about 20 years ago. Works well with newish gas boiler. Just curious... I know...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I have a gas boiler in my apartment that heats a net area of 300 m2 with an underfloor heating system. The boiler has a capacity of 45 kW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock