Search the forum,

Discuss Which flush mechanism will fit my toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sincers

Hi, can anyone advise me please if a standard new type of flush mechanism will fit this toilet?

Thanks

James

Attachments

• IMG_20160510_181103.jpg
    IMG_20160510_181103.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 79
Try this and also get a new donut for the pan/cistern coupling if it is a close coupled toilet.
Fluidmaster Button Cable Dual-Flush & Bottom Inlet (58353) (Screwfix) & WC Close Coupling Kit (84958) (Screwfix).
If your loo is an ideal standard one you will be better buying the idea standard close coupling kit as more sturdy.
Simple to fit just don't forget to turn water off.

If no local isolation valve then fit one when the water if off. Then you can work at your own pace.

And welcome to the forums.

These jobs can take longer than expected and a cuppa helps! lol

Also, is it possible to fit the flush valve without changing the bottom inlet?

Thanks

James

Also, is it possible to fit the flush valve without changing the bottom inlet?

Thanks

James

Yes you can fit just the flush valve/syphon if you choose. You will still have to undo the connection to the inlet valve so you can lift the cistern off to work on it but you can leave the inlet in place and reconnect to it when you are done. I'd replace the 1/2" red fibre washer in the connector to the inlet whilst you're at it as they often don't reseal when used a second time.

Update re:Which flush mechanism will fit my toilet?

I installed the fluid master today and it was surprisingly straight forward and seems to work a lot more efficiently than the old mechanism. Thanks Stigster for the tip on changing the fibre washer on the supply pipe as it was in bits. Thanks everyone for the advice, The Mrs is well happy she can flush the bog now without getting her fingers wet! Haha

Cheers

James

Attachments

• IMG_20160514_192651.jpg
    IMG_20160514_192651.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for the update James, much appreciated as too few people bother to take the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which flush mechanism will fit my toilet? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock