Discuss Which central heating cleaner? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Smurf

Now that I've got my central heating system working properly (see thread '2 cold rads') should I run some cleaner through the system and if so should I use Fernox F3 or Sentinel X400?

X800 is decent although it foams a lot and can be a pain to get back out of the system, and if you dont it will literally eat your heat exchanger (had it a few times before speaking to the rep who said you can only leave it in for up to 4 hours without it doing that). F3 from Fernox is good stuff if you can leave it in for a few days, no issues (touch wood) with leaving it in for longer either but you need to remember to get the sludge out too so try dynamic flushing with the filling loop open and a drain cock open at the other end of the system

X800 is decent although it foams a lot and can be a pain to get back out of the system, and if you dont it will literally eat your heat exchanger (had it a few times before speaking to the rep who said you can only leave it in for up to 4 hours without it doing that). F3 from Fernox is good stuff if you can leave it in for a few days, no issues (touch wood) with leaving it in for longer either but you need to remember to get the sludge out too so try dynamic flushing with the filling loop open and a drain cock open at the other end of the system

the brew of x800 has been changed because it was so aggressive,agree f3 is good stuff as well

Thanks for the comments.

Gas man, just out of interest what part of south Wales are you in?

is there some type of heater you can buy to heat up the cold water in the power flush machine.
I have a power flush myself but sometimes its not possible to use boiler as heat source.
I have been looking for some type of heater that could plug into the wall and then through the whole in power flush machine

How about one of those "school" hot water things for the coffee?

I had a machine with a 7 kw immersion in it, blasted about 25 degrees into the system water in not too long at all. The downside being the customer was on a key meter for electric and within 40 mins they were out of juice! Since then I bought my powerflushing filter and I can still fire the boiler without worrying about damage to HX - DHW. If you get the right chemical like DS40/FXC2 then heat shouldnt really be an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which central heating cleaner? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock