Search the forum,

Discuss where to go when qualified in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tosh

Hi guys,
the short version is where do you go to get plumbing work once you've qualified? Is it really THAT stark out there that no-one is hiring newly qualified plumbers without any gas safe cert?

I qualified almost a year ago then took some time getting my own work and gain the NVQ2 but even after passing that it still seems there are no plumbing jobs out there if you have less than 5 years experience or are not gas safe registered.

I'm not really interested in working self employed but reading some of the posts it seems that all work is going to Eastern europeans who are willing to work for minimum wage.

Does anyone know anyone that's hiring??

Many thanks

thank the labour govt for flooding the country with cheap labour and the answer to your question is preety much yes

I was made redundant but have now started to advertise in the local shops and post offiice with cards etc and am picking up quite a few small plumbing jobs and a bit of DIY repair stuff, which is paying the bills. Some of these have also pushed a few bigger jobs my way.

Think local and dont think too big too soon

Good luck

because of the totaly misleading claims by training companies that there are 30000 plumbing jobs available in the plumbing industry,and also the claim that vast sums of money can be made with very little experience in the trade.most of the plumbing companies will ask for 4 years post training experience before you will even get an interview. this is to safegaurd themselves because they know that you can not train a plumber in 16 weeks .most fast track plumbers no mater how keen and i know most of you are will have to try and get your own work as self employed plumbers. there are a few forward looking big plumbing companies who will employ some of you with a veiw to training you further but in our current economic possition these are few.get your gas safe if you can but gas work is only a small part of plumbers work.if you are going to do a fast track course get your training company to prove how many plumbing jobs are available in your area then go on the internet to see if they told the truth.at this time there are many plumbers with years of experience looking for work.i have been a plumber for 40 years and i have never known it to be this bad.you could try for a job with some of the new solar companies they do not care how little experience there plumbers have as they are paid on completion and most have no custermer aftercare services.i hope things work wise will improve in the near future but if you want to work as a plumber your best bet is to team up with an older plumber most of whom will have no problem imparting there skills to you.good luck to you all im out of this in a couple of years and to be honest i think i have had the golden years out of it .dont look to the goverment to sort it they are to busy stealing everything thats not tied down,so become a politition if you realy want to make a killing they can steal from us with impunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where to go when qualified in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock