Search the forum,

Discuss Where to get gas safety forms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I am about to register with gas safe but want to make sure Im fully prepared for the inspection visit when it happens.

Can anybody let me know where i can get all the neccessary domestic safety forms, warning notification labels etc...

Know I'll have to buy a temp contiuity bond ( which we all use right :)) but if anyone can just suggest anything else in regards to paperwork, tools necessary I would appreciate.

I know that gas safe dircet sell a bundle of forms and warning labels but it comes up to about £80+

I doubt the inspector will ask to see such items, but you will need them.

Just go to your local parts center, pick up a landlords gas safety pad, service pad and some warning labels etc. Won't cost ya anymore than £25 in total.

did my inspection and no forms required! buy your landlord sheets and service forms first, dont go spending a fortune on others until you need/know what you want. remember if you find an at risk/immediate problem most if not all customer want it resolved, so why do you need to issue docs and signs, ive only used one ar label so far this year and i got that off a bg engineer i know. bes sells pads etc and niceic (thinks) does forms etc which were cheaper than corgi

you really dont use your temp continuity bonds ?!

I do, ever since I connectd one end and it sparked when i connected the second end.:eek: Dont risk it always use them it may just stop you getting a nasty shock. Like everything in this life when you take shortcuts it will catch you in the end

as an afterthought, my inspector looked through my box and noted that my temp cont leads were in there, 2 of them

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I am about to register with gas safe but want to make sure Im fully prepared for the inspection visit when it happens.

Can anybody let me know where i can get all the neccessary domestic safety forms, warning notification labels etc...

Know I'll have to buy a temp contiuity bond ( which we all use right :)) but if anyone can just suggest anything else in regards to paperwork, tools necessary I would appreciate.

I know that gas safe dircet sell a bundle of forms and warning labels but it comes up to about £80+

TEMPORY CONTINUITY BOND OR (jump leads)as i use DONT BE A MUG MATE i know(or used to!!!) a very good engineer who died not using thease because the customer had messed with the leccy,you dont know what someone's done before you,NEVER CHANCE IT!!!!!!you only get one life

make sure you have service paperwork, warning notices, labels and meter caps/discs, if you come across a gas leak and dont have time to repair it you MUST cap the supply, you can cut/cap the pipe but that causes a bonding prob, best to use meter discs inside the meter outlet, temp bond first then tske your bond away with you, anyone who doesnt use a temp bond is off their head, how many times do you see dodgy work by others so you will come across dodgy sparky work as well, also make sure you have one wrap ptfe tape, or whatever you prefer for gas, plenty LDF, smoke pellets and matches. GSR inspection is all about safety so think along those lines and you wont be far off the mark, goos luck

Hi all,

I had my inspection on Monday and the Gas safe inspector went through my tool box looking at what i had, think of everything you need to do the job properly and safely and get it, temp earth bonds a must (and yes i always use them!) smoke matches/pellets, ldf and rags to clean off after, stop watch (i used the one on my phone which didnt impress him!) gas ptfe/jointing compound to name a few. As Kirkgas said think safety and you wont go wrong.....he lifted my probation by the way happy days!!!

Hi all,

First of all i'd like to thankyou for all your responses. Now onto this temp bond issue.

Now I don't claim to be the most experienced plumber/ gas man in the world but are you all telling me that whenever you cut any metal pipework, that you always use a continuity bond?

I'm not meaning to sound sarcy, quite the opposite as some of the responses has made me think seriously about this but you have to understand that out of the 8 very experienced guys I've worked with over the past 8 years in London not one ever told me to or used themselves, a temp cont bond.

However, I'm not stupid and do understand that there's alot of dodgy work out there but its just not practical all the time is it?

just because they didnt use a continuity bond , does that make it right, if they used speedfit fittings for gas work would you also use them? Theres one way of doing the job properly and many ways to cock it up, if you are going to do a job and call yourself a qualified heating engineer, should you not carry on doing what you were taught? Bad habits, lead to more botches, lead to problems, youre only just starting on the ladder, if your going to stay on it do it right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where to get gas safety forms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock