Search the forum,

Discuss Where to get a 3/8 cistern Plug? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikewt

Gas Engineer
Hi all

Does anyone know where to get a Geberit 3/8 cistern plug by thursday?

I thought it was going to be easy but they seem to be harder to find than expected.

If all else fails, i'm going to try and use a cistern bolt kit but would rather use the correct bung if i can get one?

Thanks in advance.

Try calling into a high end bathroom showroom and ask if you can Nick one off a display.

to plug what in the cistern?

is that like an euro overflow blank size? never seen a euro cistern with an overflow blanked as they always have internal overflow that i've seen.

wouldn't that stopper from toolstation work with ct1 or similar?

As long as the overflow is adequate the water level will never reach the hole in question so anything that covers the hole will suffice, as above, some CT1 and/or a 1'' tap washer on the inside could be used if you want to waterproof it. A 3/8'' tap washer could also be used to centre it in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where to get a 3/8 cistern Plug? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock