Search the forum,

Discuss Where do I get my UTR number? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I am a self-employed & need a requirement of UTR number to start my own work for a partnership to apply with HMRC as self-employed.Do you know what to do get my UTR number quick.
Thanks

Best to phone the hmrc up they will have it

Register online as a business and hmrc will issue you with a log in code and a utr number. Takes a week or so to sort out.

On some forms they call it your 'tax reference', which can be confusing.

Ugov website you will need to register as self employed then you will be sent a password to get in the government gateway website where you can sort out all you need to takes a while to get though . Cheers kop

Technically, you can work as self-employed for 3 months before informing HMRC (or you could when I set up myself as self-employed), so if the OP has yet to hear back from HMRC, then it is quite possible that he won't know his UTR.

I got my self-assessment form in today's post in the special plastic envelope they use. This time, the UTR is three lines up from the green line under which 'Your tax return' is written, on the left of the page, and takes the format '12345 98765' (number changed for obvious reasons, but you get the idea.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where do I get my UTR number? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock