Discuss where can i get these brackets from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys,

just a quick question, i got a 2nd hand pipe holder for the van roof rack. truoble is i dont have the brackets for it, i have seen them for sale somewhere on the net about 6 months ago but i cant find them now, its the round pipe holder and its probably about the same size as the 110mm soil pipe,

someone suggested using the soil pipe brackets but i dont fancy my chances when im going down the M1 with them holding the thing to my roof lol,

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks all.

J

you'll useally find that at least one of them is welded to the tube.

glad i read this post its jogged my memory that the tube rack on my van is held on with two bungy rubbers and has been for a year
all previous racks were held on by soil pipe clips with no problems other than the tube tends to slip forwards so you need to get the clip adjacent to a ridge or put some thing round to stop slippage a stainless steel jubilee works

lol you use bunjee cords? aint you worried that it'll get robbed?

i managed to find a pair of brackets after a couple of hours of googleing. cheapest pair i found were from halfords at £15.

thanks for your help. cheers.

j

lol you use bunjee cords? aint you worried that it'll get robbed?

i managed to find a pair of brackets after a couple of hours of googleing. cheapest pair i found were from halfords at £15.

thanks for your help. cheers.

j
i only put plastic in it and leave the rear cap of.if the scum bags round here thought it was full of copper theyd hack saw it of bungies were a temporary measure a year ago lol

My last rack was held on with brackets from Pipe Center, tightened up fully then spot welded to stop being undone. Having said that, if they want it that badly......

if it is the same size as 110mm soil, then go to the merchants and buy some metal brackets, either saddles that you drill and bolt to the roof rack, or full round ones that have M6 female which you can screw M6 rod into and bolt that to the roof rack

I did this post years ago. Since I posted it I found some brackets from halfords. Then about 4 months ago some scumbags came along cut through the brackets and took my pipe holder. Good job it was empty lol. I was more annoyed that they didn't leave the holder on the floor. Cost me about £40 to make. Apparently 4other plumbers got their tubes nicked on the same night.

After oxygen thieves stole my pipe holders on two occasions, I only carry 2 metre lengths of copper tube inside my van. If I need 3 metre lengths, I take these with me on the roof rack to be used the same day. I usually know in advance when I am doing jobs needing long lengths, so plan ahead accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where can i get these brackets from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back