Search the forum,

Discuss Where can I buy a rubber bung in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonlight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone know where I can find a rubber bung, suitable for plugging a 28mm outlets on a cold water storage tank. Thanks

So you can work on it moonlight while full ? Should fit into the tank connector inside the tank you could get a bit wet putting it in. Kop

Screenshot_2017-10-27-07-00-57.png

Google swet jet

Hello All,

`Jet Swet` - here is what SEEMS to be a kit on ebay with 15mm - 22mm & 28mm tools [?] - however the listing just states `28mm` - check before buying or find another listing:

28mm Jet Swet - Water flow prevention device - Nerrad Tools | eBay

Also does anyone know whether the 28mm tool can be inserted through a 28mm Tank Connector - or is it just slightly smaller than about 25mm to be inserted into a 28mm pipe ?

Even though a 28mm Tank Connector is theoretically close to about a 25mm bore I am sure that we have all come across some that have either a slightly smaller bore or perhaps have `lugs` inside the bore [some older fittings].

I mention this only because these Jet Swet tools are not `cheap` - unless they do fit and one uses them regularly - in which case they are worth every penny.

Perhaps we can find the size / starting diameter somewhere online ?

Chris

EDIT: Screwfix - `Monument Nylon Drain Bungs` [NOT `Drain Bungs`] - 15mm - 22mm & 28mm Set - for plugging Copper pipes:

6 Nylon Drain Plugs

moonlight - perhaps these are worth a try - Reviews mention successfully plugging off a CWS using these bungs to replace Gate Valves on a CWS Tank - also much less expensive than the Jet Swet tools.

Chris

Last edited:
Hello again moonlight,

I mentioned the positive reviews for the Monument Pipe Bungs on the Screwfix listing webpage - however I had only read the first few reviews when I posted the Edit and the link to the Bungs.

On page 2 of the reviews are a couple more - one which criticises the quality of the Bungs [surprisingly for Monument products] - and one where the purchaser came across Tank Connectors similar to what I described above - although his had grooves inside the bore rather than `lugs` - the Bungs were still no good for those Tank Connectors.

Regards,

Chris

I recall one of the past members, Colin, always recommended using a parsnip to bung a tank well.
I also would like to source a proper sized rubber bung for 28mm tank connectors. I only have a bung I made with piece of a brush shaft and insulating tape

I also would like to source a proper sized rubber bung for 28mm tank connectors. I only have a bung I made with piece of a brush shaft and insulating tape

For blocking 28mm tube, id ca 25.6 mm These look worth a punt to me

Rubber Stopper Solid 25x28.5x28 (Pk10)

A fiver for a pack of 10 including delivery. Might be worth measuring the id of a typical 28mm tank connector before ordering. Same oufit do a range of sizes:

Rubber Bungs | Lab Consumables | Edulab - Page 3 - Edulab

and it's possible the next size down:

Rubber Stopper Solid 23x25.5x28 (Pk10)

would be a better fit in practice. You can always wrap a couple of turns of insulating tape round the smaller one.

Use a rubber bung stopper for a demijon

They’re tapered 27-30 mm ish

They look like what is on post above

Jet Swet 22mm works on most tank connectors, but not all, so you are right not to assume a 28mm will work on all 28mm tank connectors.

You may laugh but when needs must on a 42mm tank cold :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where can I buy a rubber bung in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock