Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss When i click onto photos i cannot view them - my screen just goes darker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

When I access the Forum using Internet Explorer 11 and I click onto photos attached to Members message instead being able to view them my Computer screen just goes really dark.

I could not attach a Screenshot of this because I do not have the Permission to Post attachments - could a Moderator Please grant that Permission.

No photos display on this darkened screen.

I am not trying to blame / decry the Forum - however I don`t get this happening anywhere else and I do use websites / other Forums where you have to click onto photos to enlarge / view them - no problems at all elsewhere.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Internet Explorer 11

If I use my Opera browser I still get the darkened screen but the photos do display / enlarge.

I know that Members will think / state `Use your Opera browser to visit the Forum` - but I am using Internet Explorer for everything else and I would like t be able to just open the Forum website using it.

I wondered if any other Members have experienced this ?

Chris

Last edited:
I'd suggest it's your settings mate

As I said in the other post, no problems here however I did have it for a couple of days when using the phone.

To be honest, there won't be support for Internet Explorer as it is now defunct. This will be out of our control as it will come from the development team who build the actual forum software

Whats wrong with using Opera? You should be able to migrate the stuff over.

To be honest, there won't be support for Internet Explorer as it is now defunct. This will be out of our control as it will come from the development team who build the actual forum software

Same for Windows 7 that CHRISX is using.

Hello rpm,

Thanks for your reply and for the replies from Members Plumstar Tom and Riley.

Do You think that I would be wrong in guessing that there would be a lot of Members still using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 - and much older Operating systems / versions of Internet Explorer ?

I could not see any advantage in upgrading to Windows 8 when it came out and neither my Desktop PC or my Laptop could be upgraded to Windows 10 even though the Microsoft Compatibility Report showed that both could be.

I am sure that there are many Members who have had the same experience regarding Windows 8 not being much different to Windows 7 and problems with the Windows 10 upgrade ?

I will have to start using only Opera to visit the Forum because as well as the photo viewing problem that I described I had problems during the last two visits when typing my messages and submitting them.

I don`t know why I don`t have Permission to post attachments - this is showing in the `Posting Permissions` display when I am writing my messages.

Plumbstar Tom can You help me by granting that permission please ?

Chris

Last edited:

Just to clear up any misunderstanding, I still use Windows 7 on a very old notebook and will see what happens regarding the dark photos later when I get home.

Try using Firefox much better than explorer

Just to clear up any misunderstanding, I still use Windows 7 on a very old notebook and will see what happens regarding the dark photos later when I get home.

Got hijacked by visitors last night and had to update things this morning to get it running safe but .......
Using Windows 7, an old version of Internet Explorer on an Atom processor there was no problem viewing attachments.
As I understand it with 21 posts it isn`t anything to do with being granted permission by a mod or the system.

Hello rpm,

Thanks very much for checking whether You could view photos on the Forum using Windows 7 and an older version of Internet Explorer.

I have never had any problems anywhere else viewing photos by clicking onto them so I was fairly confident that it was not an Operating system or Browser problem.

I was able to attach a screenshot of what happens when I try to view photos on here using Internet Explorer 11 on a previous thread [You might have seen it ?] - but since then when I have been writing messages I have seen in my Permissions that `You may NOT post attachments` so I could not attach that screenshot on this thread.

I will have to send a Private message to one of the Moderators to ask that they grant that Permission as I will obviously need it when I am using the Forum - using Opera.

Thanks again for your interest and for trying to help with this.

Chris

You have the permissions you need to post pictures.

The issue is your end I'm afraid.

You have the permissions you need to post pictures.

The issue is your end I'm afraid.

Hello croppie,

Thanks for your message.

I have accepted the fact that my original problem of not being able to view photos / attachments on here using my Internet Explorer browser is not anything being caused by the Forum`s website or settings.

The not being able to post attachments because of the `You may not post attachments` setting on my Forum Posting permissions is a different problem that I encountered when I wanted to post a screenshot of my darkened screen attached to my first message in this thread.

I have a screenshot of the `You may not post attachments` message [taken while I was writing this] in my Posting permissions but because of that setting I cannot attach it to this message to show You.

Could You please check this and grant me the Permission to Post Attachments and I will then write a `Thank You` message and attach that screenshot for You to see.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Chris

Got it happening on my phone again, DAN! You playing with things behind the scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When i click onto photos i cannot view them - my screen just goes darker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock