Discuss When a letting agent asks you to add on 10% plus VAT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
To your bill to them, does that mean you add on 12% of your total or that you add 10% of your total plus 20% of that 10%?

Only worked for one before and they never asked about VAT.

10% on top of final bill whitch willbe let say
from 300 inc vat (original bill )
to 330 inc vat

Add 10% then add vat i.e. £300 original bill +10% = £330 + vat = £396

They cancelled anyway but I'm still confused. I'm not VAT registered so I guess it's the Letting Agencies VAT I'm adding on? So that would be VAT on their 10% wouldn't it? Rather than 10% on total. Or maybe they were presuming I charge for VAT?

it is actually illegal so whatch your back imo.
if they want 10% then tell them to invoice their customer the difference.

Not sure of the inns and outs but just enough to know where to draw the line.
If your invoicing for their 'cut' then you are employing their services and paying them a commission (something like that). Hmcr will be breathing down your neck.
Tell them, you will invoice what you charge only.imo.

Or, if they want 10% on say £100 then up your bill, charge them £120 and tell them you have to pay tax on your invoices-take it or tell them bill yourself, dont do back-handers!!!!.

When a letting agent asks you to add on 10% plus VAT they are working you from the back.

I agree with Redsaw. Ring up HMRC and ask for advice :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When a letting agent asks you to add on 10% plus VAT in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock