Discuss Whats your preferred gas jointing compound? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryster

Quick question for everyone, what is your favourite compund for compression fittings/screwed fittings etc

The only reason I ask is that Rocol has gone upto £16 in my local merchants :eek:mg_smile:, so wondered if anyone had any recommendations for other pastes/compounds?

Jet blue plus from plumbs/parts/pipe centre

Best stuff ever. You can use it on potable and gas

Jet blue plus from plumbs/parts/pipe centre

Best stuff ever. You can use it on potable and gas

Never been a fan of the Jet stuff, can never seem to get it to spread very well - Always seems to go on in a big clump, then fall off! Might give it another go though, Im not paying £16 for Rocol!

Don't put it on hot pipes, it will fall straight off

jet blue plus, tried the others and nothing comes close for me. I've used it for 8 years anyway and see no reason to change, tried rocal but didn't like it, too messy aswell.

Looks like Im giving JetBlue a go!
On a side note, I opened up a compression fitting today and found no paste what-so-ever on it, why does nobody seem to paste their compression fittings?!

Looks like Im giving JetBlue a go!
On a side note, I opened up a compression fitting today and found no paste what-so-ever on it, why does nobody seem to paste their compression fittings?!

cause you dont need paste on compression fittings just the olive, the olive will keep it water or gas tight.

cause you dont need paste on compression fittings just the olive, the olive will keep it water or gas tight.

I appreciate that, but when opening up a fitting and then tightening it back up again, I dont think I could not put a little bit of something on it. Just wondered if anybody else felt the same? Or is this just me worrying about nothing, as I seem to have done for years!

some people pit ptfe round olives on water pipes Jay how your taught and what your used to

Loctite 577 on all screwed threads, Never failed me yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Whats your preferred gas jointing compound? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i notice on Pegler’s website that they don’t recommend jointing compound on their compression / Prestex fittings and i wonder what people’s...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am hoping that you can give us some advice. We're in the UK, and have contracted a company to completely refit the first floor...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance. I was performing a test of a new manifold today, using mains water pressure to the 22mm flow pipe and back through the...
Replies
Views
Some pictures first to illustrate my Question (I understand as new poster I can't yet put them in direct). Outside picture: Photo by Roy_6666...
Replies
Views
A while before Christmas, we ended up needing the gas pipe feeding our gas hob moving a couple of inches to allow a new oven to slide in properly...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock