Search the forum,

Discuss What's this valve's purpose in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Allgoode

Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

Prob a very quick one for you seasoned people.

Working in a customers house with old central o/v heating system.

He could not get flow to the upstairs rads or extension rad which was on a drop at the end of the house.

Pump was an old Grundfos selectric which was weak so replaced with a new Grundfos UPS3 15-65 pump which after changing it & valves and cleaning out the F&E tank sorted out issue.

He's had a new bathroom fitted with a new victorian style rad & extended the system upstairs into one of the bedrooms with a K2 rad.

Since then the system struggles to get heat past the first x2 rads upstairs.

I have looked under the floor boards & the pipework seems ok without any nasty iso valves favoured by some tradesmen, all copper end feed jointing.

Whilst scratching my head i explored the rest of the system and found this on the upstairs rtn pipe to the pump.

I'm thinking its a non return valve or similar poss crudded up with the system disturbance & will be removing it on the next visit.

Looking for some confirmation of what it is,

Cheers Guys,

Thanks,

Andy
IMG_20200222_134333 2.jpg

Nrv/anti gravity valve

Reply to What's this valve's purpose in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock