Discuss What's the best piece of kit for stopping limescale build up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best piece of kit is a water softener. Consider it as a long term investment and worth every penny!

Best piece of kit is a water softener. Consider it as a long term investment and worth every penny!

top answer, any day. In as much as it is a long term investment, you are actually getting it 'for free''. By the 3rd to 5th year, you would have recouped your initial capital outlay. The benefits outway the costs.

I like all the smug north comments, but hard water is better for drinking. So with a water softener down south you can have the best of both worlds, and better weather! :)

or you could always kick the Mrs into gear and tell her to get cleaning :) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What's the best piece of kit for stopping limescale build up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 9 months now, started suffering intermittent but frequent hydraulic shock thwacks, sometimes very violent, below Harvey's water softener in...
Replies
Views
Installing a water softener. Trying to connect the 1/2" flexible regeneration drain line to the 5/8' stub on the wall. How best to connect these...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
My plumber did not install an overflow when my water softener was fitted, something I found out when it failed and flooded the floor ! I have...
Replies
Views
S
Can the discharge and overflow pipes from a water softener go to surface water drainage (soakaway in my case) instead of foul? I'm first of all...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock