Discuss what you think ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

what you guys think of this ? ok or not ? pulled my floor up.

imagexx.jpg those bricks are the only support for that pipe right the way along

bit of gaffa tape and string nailed to floor board will sort it.
dont need bricks there expensive

The pipe needs attention possibly too much corrosion, at the joint??

The bricks need attention, not stacked neat enough.

thats my point does seem like a fair bit of corrosion but you guys would know ! i was going to clip it but dont want all the joists and new floor down to have it leak in a year or two !

imo its going to leak a lot sooner than that!.
looks like lime has attacked it and is ready to let go....

A gas pipe with a visible signs of corrosion is an issue.
Get a GSR in to check it out.

Not Transco - they look after your gas pipe to the meter. Anything after the meter is yours. Get a Gas Safe engineer in.

ill get one of the lads to pop round in the morning. suppose im correct that transco will be the people to contact ?

Not Transco - they look after your gas pipe to the meter. Anything after the meter is yours. Get a Gas Safe engineer in.

THAT is the gas pipe BEFORE the meter ! its the main supply to my house

Sorry, that would be your gas transporter, who ever it is. We get there.

:party:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what you think ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back