Discuss What would be the preferred method here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have been asked to look at a botched combined main for a block of flats

It would appear that good intentions started but it has been cocked up by the installing plumber

Basically it's 6 Flats over three floors. Two flats on each.

Incoming mains has been upgraded to 63 mm. I wish I'd taken a picture but that's where it goes wrong. Installing plumber has then reduced it down to a 15 mm stopcock and all flats are teed off in 15 mm.

As would be expected all flats are now suffering with flow and pressure issues.

There is ample size within the plant room to lay this out properly but I just think that the plumber was being lazy or didn't have a clue what he was doing.

My plan was to drop down to 35 mm and then 22 mm to ground and first floors and then 28 mm to the second floor. Obviously this time each flat will have its own meter and stopcock in the plant room.

Have I missed anything obvious here???

If it was me I would do a 42mm header horizontal and t off for each property including meters and stop valves and dcv if not in meter

22 mm on ground and 28nm the rest

But confirm pressure and flow rate on main first

Last edited:
I will be going back to price for some other stuff so I'll pressure test. I reckon I'll have to mock up some larger pipe to test the flow as I don't think my weir cup will cope with 63mm flow :smile:

I will be going back to price for some other stuff so I'll pressure test. I reckon I'll have to mock up some larger pipe to test the flow as I don't think my weir cup will cope with 63mm flow :smile:

Fire man test see how far you can push someone :D

yeah bloomin dear but that's there price, should get a better deal from BSS or Plumbcentre

Yea but can't see by much as they will want there cut but guess if your tight on space

It's certainly a good idea. I'd be inquisitive what the individual parts came to. I know less but it's hassle factor. :wink:

It's certainly a good idea. I'd be inquisitive what the individual parts came to. I know less but it's hassle factor. :wink:

Are they on meters now if no you maybe able to blag some for free of the water board if you can get the wireless ones

But normally the expensive part are the meters at about ÂŁ80 each about ÂŁ150 in fittings normally

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What would be the preferred method here in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock