Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What was on the menu tonight... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnpin

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Popped out for a chinese earlier with the Mrs and a couple of beers ......feeling peckish now. lol....regards Turnpin:punk:

daughter made roast chicken, negative spuds but included lots of healthy grilled veggies, not sure whether it was good or bad yet!

daughter made roast chicken, negative spuds but included lots of healthy grilled veggies, not sure whether it was good or bad yet!
sounds to me that you have eaten it all up lame so maybe more on the positive side bar the negative spuds lol regards Turnpin:punk:

Roast pork, roast spuds, something green and gravy. Yum.

Now on the traditional Yellow Tail, with a cheeky wee davidstow cheddar chaser. :)

Found some chilli dusted salmon in Sainsbury's and had with proper fries from the deep fat fryer.........followed by Ben and Jerry's.

Going to bed now or i won't be up for breakfast at the Ace Cafe Laaaaandan.......Adios.

We also had Chinese earlier . Deep fried shredded chicken with koom po sauce , rice n chips.

Chicken and chips and now on my seventh can of Stella

Love these threads. Went to Coast to Coast last night, it's an American style restaurant/bar near us, bloody handsome grub. Crab cakes and blue cheese chicken tenders to start, then I had a chicken breast and beef burger with Philly cheese and pulled pork, missus had a ribeye, and then we got through about 10 cocktails. Not really one to eat burgers but they walked one past me when I was deciding and it made me drool so I went for it and was honestly the best burger I've ever eaten. Would recommend if there's one near you.

Love these threads. Went to Coast to Coast last night, it's an American style restaurant/bar near us, bloody handsome grub. Crab cakes and blue cheese chicken tenders to start, then I had a chicken breast and beef burger with Philly cheese and pulled pork, missus had a ribeye, and then we got through about 10 cocktails. Not really one to eat burgers but they walked one past me when I was deciding and it made me drool so I went for it and was honestly the best burger I've ever eaten. Would recommend if there's one near you.

Ooohhhhh that sounds really good!! :tounge_smile:

I'm meat eggs and dairy free but not a massif fan of toe poo. Falafel hummus, pita and salad

Really ?? No way, I honestly thought I was the only vegan plumber on earth :) unless of course your winding me up.:')
I buy my tofu ones off the net or Holland and barrett pre seasoned, it's too much effort otherwise

I'm not vegan. I have cars and dogs just don't eat meat fish dairy or eggs. It's not been that long and omg it's frustrating some times

There is a chance you are being but I look forward to knowing. Red skin pea nuts for me.....hard to get them unless you have a Morrisons near which we don't - fills all the nutritional what nots once you are fully grown ( at 51 I think I qualify ). Love salted roasted ones but they are killing me according to the Doc.

I'm not vegan. I have cars and dogs just don't eat meat fish dairy or eggs. It's not been that long and omg it's frustrating some times

Lol I think your ok with a car and dog. Yeah mate it can be difficult at first. I was veggie tho from the age of 8 went vegan at 30 im 39 now so It's second nature.

I had steak, spuds and salad. Ticked all boxes! And to be fair to my dearly beloved it was perfectly edible!

Really ?? No way, I honestly thought I was the only vegan plumber on earth :) unless of course your winding me up.:')
I buy my tofu ones off the net or Holland and barrett pre seasoned, it's too much effort otherwise

My wife finds ways of hiding tofu that would boggle......she is hard core veggie but I did a stint for 20 or so years during our courtship to lull her into submission. I am occasionally tempted but with high cholesterol and blood pressure I best not slip.

HOW? JUST HOW EXACTLY? Do you function?

fresh warm uncut loaf, gently melting that beautifully yellow butter allowing it to soak in a little right before you apply 4 rashers of smoked bacon. Cooked perfectly... Crispy rind and soft rasher.

honestly without it I can see why you'd want to fly a plane I to a building

The health implications are massive. But I thought the same.

How do you kill and animal humanely? Sorry but dairy industry is barbaric and I'm not going to be a part of it. I LOVE crispy smoked bacon and Rare stake. But I love not being part of horrific trade more!

@gasmanrob Lol :) sounds nice apart from the bacon bit.
When you aint eaten it for as long as me mate its just another thing I don't do. I used to LOVE smoking, I smoked 20-40 a day, embassy number 1, I couldn't imagine my life without them. My best mates dad died at 49 of LC and I stopped dead, that very day. Now as much as I loved cigs back then, the thought of them and the smell now makes me sick . That's pretty much how I feel about meat, I don't miss it or crave it.
It aint done me any harm either, im 6 feet 5 and 18 stone :)

I doubt i could function without sausages and eggs..........oh and a good strong mature cheddar.

Each to their own I guess and well done for giving up something you enjoy to take a stand against something you don't believe is right.

but personally I have trouble getting my head round soya milk and all that littlest one is lactose intolerant so it can't be in the house incase it gets used by accident so were all using it and free from spreads etc

The health implications are massive. But I thought the same.

How do you kill and animal humanely? Sorry but dairy industry is barbaric and I'm not going to be a part of it. I LOVE crispy smoked bacon and Rare stake. But I love not being part of horrific trade more!
Tbh I'm pretty much the opposite, if it's a choice between an animal dying or me dying it's the animal every time. Survival and all that. Some will say its cruel but I honestly couldn't live on just veg, mainly because 80% of it I can't stand

Tbh I'm pretty much the opposite, if it's a choice between an animal dying or me dying it's the animal every time. Survival and all that. Some will say its cruel but I honestly couldn't live on just veg, mainly because 80% of it I can't stand

I think if it came down to dying mate we would all eat it, but peeps don't have to make those choices anymore.My brother is the king of meat eaters and he tried some if the good substitutes (not quorn) and he couldn't believe how close it all was to the real thing. So for health reasons he only eats meat twice a week now and substitutes the rest. said if he realised there was such good subs he would have done it years ago.

Meat will kill you much like dairy.

What is the first thing your told to stop when u have any cancer...... Dairy. Why? Growth hormones and how it blocks the absorption yes BLOCKS uptake of calcium and minerals. So fortified cereal with milk may as well be milk and sand. I hate how I sound because I used to think people who went on like this were utter nobs! But read and be v. Surprised!

Forks over Knives is a good film about it all.i would say watch "earthlings" but that film is horrific.
It turned a site manager I worked with vegan. He was 64 and laughed when I told him to watch it. He wasn't laughing afterwards. Its an eye opener.

Last edited:
I think if it came down to dying mate we would all eat it, but peeps don't have to make those choices anymore.My brother is the king of meat eaters and he tried some if the good substitutes (not quorn) and he couldn't believe how close it all was to the real thing. So for health reasons he only eats meat twice a week now and substitutes the rest. said if he realised there was such good subs he would have done it years ago.
Yeh get what you're saying. What good substitutes would you recommend because quorn is dirt IMO

Lol yeah quorn is bad.
Redwoods is good but they have changed hands.
[DLMURL]http://www.vbites.eu/food[/DLMURL]
And frys are the daddy
http://www.frysvegetarian.co.uk

My brother tried the frys schnitzel and said he couldn't tell the difference, and lived in Germany for a bit so it must be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quorn = fungus.....i dont do fungus......and as for Linda Mcartney's sausages.......well they clearly dont make you live any longer....ask Linda!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What was on the menu tonight... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Rad is only a few years old. Paint is flaking away at the top curved section and it looks like faint spots of rust where the rad is now bare.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock