Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss what tool would i need to fix this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hawkwind

hello i got a new bathroom in and the sink tap (pedistal with one tap lift and left and right hot and cold)
anyway it moved slightly which i told the plumber about and he said it was ok but now its got a lot slacker but i cant get into it with any of my tools
I have a wide selection of tools as i am an engineer (work)and i also fix computers in my spare time but have not really got any plumbing tools.
as its a pedistal i can get my hand up and touch the bolt but cant get enough purchase to tighten it
anyone know the best tool to use
DSC09261.jpg

you need a correctly sized monobloc spanner, possibly a long socket would do

- just pipped to the post :yes:

Last edited:
Looks very coroded for a new one. Are you sure he's fitted new gear?

Its a while back now anyway it looks like i have to look for one of these
long reach socket
monobloc spanner
box spanner

are the nuts standard size or can it be anything

Its a while back now anyway it looks like i have to look for one of these
long reach socket
monobloc spanner
box spanner
the the nuts standard size or can it be anything
the box spanner link i posted will fit what you have there

sorry never say your post gas man thanks that makes it easer and size wont matter now

Does look a bit rusted but will give it a try anyway just a bit worried as any box spanners i have used in the past and put a lot of pressure on just went out of shape
might also have to shorten or use a bit of steel instead of the tommy bar
anyway thanks for the replys and so so fast
cheers

looks like an 8mm, i would loosen of and put a bit of silicone under tap before re-tightening then it will stay solid.

if the nut doesnt come loose the stud will come out of the tap base complete with nut the trick with the set of box spanners is they fit in side each other to make a very long box spanner
bringing it down to where you have room to turn it with grips spanner or tommy bar
you can do the same with deep reach socket on an
extension bar and ratchet

Still having trouble with this as the box spanners don't fit because of the small drain clutch rod type thing and the 2 pipes
I can just get a normal spanner over the nut at an angle but no room to try and turn it (leverage)

There seems to be a cross type head on the end of the bolt and i have a long reach screwdriver will this do the same unless the bold is fully into the tap that is.

Still having trouble with this as the box spanners don't fit because of the small drain clutch rod type thing and the 2 pipes
I can just get a normal spanner over the nut at an angle but no room to try and turn it (leverage)

There seems to be a cross type head on the end of the bolt and i have a long reach screwdriver will this do the same unless the bold is fully into the tap that is.

can u not remove 'rod type thing'?
and yes try and unscrew it, it will screw out of tap hopefully

the bolt should be fully turned into the tap, so you won't be able to tighten with the screw slot.
you can try, no harm in that ( unless you shear the bolt )
if there is no space, can you not remove/move the arm for the plug
the copper on the tails is very soft, you can give them a gentle push out the way

Its Saturday night and i have found a great solution i will call a plumber on Monday
Its just to difficult to get at and its also partly boxed in with wetwall
thanks and have a nice weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what tool would i need to fix this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock