Search the forum,

Discuss What to install, heat only... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

London Gas

Gas Engineer
Boys and girls, I have a boiler to install next week, it will be a heat only, customer doesn't want a Vaillant (all I fit typically) as their neighbour had one and got charged for a call out which wasn't repaired under warranty for reasons unknown, but that leaves me out of my comfort zone. House is a three bedroom, 8 radiators and a 150L indirect cylinder, I have been looking around and I am either going to go for possibly Main 18KW as I very rarely have issues with them any one else got any suggestions? Only issue is they only offer a 2-3 year warranty, I would like to avoid Worcester if possible.

Viessmann

Open vent or sealed 100-w

New Vokera evolve looks good but not fitted one myself. I’m normally like you and a Vaillant only man.

I have just started fitting Intergas boilers and i like the way they are put together and the long warranty offered , worth a look but if your not convinced stick with what you know bud . cheers kop

I would try and convince them to have a Vaillant that is installed correctly with the seven year warranty valid.
There must have been an issue with the installation for Vaillant to charge.
I have been installing Vaillant commercial and Domestic for a long time. For the handful of times I have called an Engineer out under warranty, there has never been a chargeable visit.

If I did have to choose another I would Probably choose BAXI to be honest. Maybe Viessmann.

Has anyone joined the ATAG bunch?

I agree with above, apart from the Baxi paragraph. :p. Fitting my first ATAG on Tuesday.

I agree with above, apart from the Baxi paragraph. :p. Fitting my first ATAG on Tuesday.

I used to use BAXI years ago that's why I said those but I have not looked at one in a while. I stopped using them because of the problems and poor quality but I have heard good things since.
I will be sticking with Vaillant myself.

Will you let us know how you went on with ATAG?

I used to use BAXI years ago that's why I said those but I have not looked at one in a while. I stopped using them because of the problems and poor quality but I have heard good things since.
I will be sticking with Vaillant myself.

Will you let us know how you went on with ATAG?
Will do.

I have the economiser 27kw in my place its fine a bit noisey if i am honest more like a small commercial boiler , finding it hard to sell another though due to cost , weather comp didnt do it for me property was not warm enough in hindsight should have fitted the 35kw for extra hotwater . cheers kop

I have the economiser 27kw in my place its fine a bit noisey if i am honest more like a small commercial boiler , finding it hard to sell another though due to cost , weather comp didnt do it for me property was not warm enough in hindsight should have fitted the 35kw for extra hotwater . cheers kop
Don’t tell me things like that:p:pits booked in for next week.:(:(

Fit a WB if she's worried about being charged by manufacturers attendance

Vaillant’s customer care is absolutely spot on. As long as the installer has done his job properly.

Don't they hold your customers money to charge if user error? They also sell your customers details to large companies without your permission from memory

Don't they hold your customers money to charge if user error? They also sell your customers details to large companies without your permission from memory

Think your thinking of ideal

I have been looking an Intergas the warranty sounds good and the suppliers seem to sell loads of them but I don't know too much about them value for money seems great.

The only problem I found with intergas is parts availability and if anything goes wrong there repair engys are hard to come by / non existent in my area

By looking at them, it doesn't look like a whole lot can go wrong, but then again heat only boilers are heat only boilers not much to them, if it was a Combi I would be more inclined to stick to Vaillant.

Try one i think you would be pleasantly suprised it can be used for so many applications, its the only combi boiler that can be used on a open vented system so no worrying about buried pipework but still has 13+litres a minute hotwater clever and if the pump fails you still get hotwater . cheers kop

Nah def vaillant, they now have a box that if you don't tick they sell customers details to companies like homeserve. they charge for call outs like ideal aswell

That's bad very bad

They charge over £100 for a false call out so a good profit making venture, Worcester just take it on the chin. Speaks volumes.

They charge over £100 for a false call out so a good profit making venture, Worcester just take it on the chin. Speaks volumes.
Even if they do charge that for a fake call out. If you are the installer and your the first point of call And you have diagnosed a faulty part why would the customer get a charge?

Ok so went with a Worcester and discovered the wiring is very different to the Vaillants I typically install, these require the pump to be wired in directly, going back tomorrow to finish off the wiring as what was there just won't work I'm sure I should have realised this prior but I didn't.

With these am I correct to think that they need their own permanent live, then the live and neutral from the pump via the wiring centre to the boiler as well as a switch live? That's what I have made from the instructions .

I have a two channel programmer there currently so I am going to have to steal its wire for the pump and put wireless controls in or move the programmer to the airing cupboard closer to the centre.

Yes they require permanent live

So

Lne
Switch live
And pump live

That's the min you can get away with (5 cores)

Where's the prog atm ?

So I was right in what I said then?

You would jump off the pumps live and neutral from the wiring centre?

So I was right in what I said then?

You would jump off the pumps live and neutral from the wiring centre?

Normally I wire the pump live into the boiler and take the neutral from the wiring centre

Where's the prog atm ?

Programmer is directly next to boiler, but I need to use its wire otherwise its just going to be a head ache to run the wire.

You would only wire the pump to the boiler? So the boiler would get its power via the boiler on the pump wiring section? Not to the centre at all?

Programmer is directly next to boiler, but I need to use its wire otherwise its just going to be a head ache to run the wire.

You would only wire the pump to the boiler? So the boiler would get its power via the boiler on the pump wiring section? Not to the centre at all?

Could you use its lne ?

So then it's just two cores

Pump l and switch

The boiler has a LNE from the previous one as well as theres a programmer there so I was going to keep the LNE and use the five core for the pump and SL and then move the programmer next to the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What to install, heat only... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock