Discuss What system would you recommend for this hotel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JE-P&H

Gas Engineer
I'm interested to hear what boiler cylinder or cylinders etc you would recommend for this hotel. They currently have low pressure system, with old open flue boiler. They looking to have the lot completely replaced and upgrade to a unvented system. The hotel has 20 radiators, 8 Mixer showers, 4 baths a total of 9 bathrooms all with basins as well. Any advice would be appreciated!

Worcester green star 24i combi

If you're asking then really need to get someone in to calculate the requirements as if you get it wrong it'll be very expensive to correct. It's all in the British standards so not rocket science.

You have to know what the peak demand of the hot water is + what water the kitchen uses.

The heating will end up being an incidental amount of the demand of the boiler when it comes to peak demand of the hot water requirements
You will also have to supply equipment with a suitable recovery rate of hot water.

Can you not put in a heating only boiler and a separate hot water system.
That's how we do it over here.

You need it designed imho
Will cover your backside
unless you fancy sitting down for a few days and learning a whole different raft of designing.
and having your backside on the line

I have done a rough design for the system, but I'm now thinking it might be worth getting a spec drawn up properly purely just to cover myself. Who would you recommend?

Whatever goes in will be commercial, unless you've got your tickets I'd suggest you cut your losses and walk now before you end up in the brown and sticky............

To be honest the thread is a bit pointless really. I mean your hardly going to take the advice of here anyway with a job like that its obvious whats needed when you know whats required of the system and you would need to see the job first. What would be more fun would be to say how much do you think it will cost and ill start with £10k. Happy Bidding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What system would you recommend for this hotel? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock