Discuss What nut for a thermostatic shower valve? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

I am fitting a thermostatic shower control. The flow knob fitting has a threaded section - 27mm OD - and it would be helpful to get a nut to go on it. Can anyone advise what I need and where to get it please?
IMG_6130.jpeg

3/4 inch nut / hex

To stop rocking you just need to glue a shim/wedge at the appropriate location.
Easier said than done especially when you can easily spin a nut on the threaded shaft. A shim means trial and error trimming to the right thickness as its impossible to get in there to measure the gap. When I’ve got the right in-out position with the tiles in place I plan to foam behind it for insulation and to stabilise it. Looks like that is going to have to do as no-one seems to know what nut/thread it is.

Nowt wrong with trial and error.
In reality with a box of assorted shims this task would be completed in less than a minute. Once the appropriate thickness is in there, a quick squeeze of silicone to hold the shim in place and leave it alone.

Honestly, you’re overthinking it - but that’s where experience comes in . At least you are striving to make a good job if it and I’m sure your final result will serve you well for the years to come, good luck.

Reply to What nut for a thermostatic shower valve? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock