Discuss What makes a great boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

90% of the time I've fitted baxi but now after being at a baxi training college a few weeks ago it's baxi all the way. Heat exchangers on the heat only is the same metals used for baxi commercial boilers and stripping the insides for serving seriously can be done in 20 seconds that includes gas valve fan and heat exchanger opened up. Fitted a duo Tec after two months despite flushing and filter fitted the plate heat exchanger blocked up I called under the warranty and it was replaced no problem at all so back up service is spot on compared to ideal etc who with the slightest issue won't repair unless you pay.

I like Baxi also, the Heat Team are ok and if it’s out of warranty there’s still a profit margin to be made on parts. Not like most of them...PCB £220 plus vat WTF? God forbid you fit it and oops...sure we’ve all done trick!

What about intergas? I know there used to be a few people who rated those on here a few years ago.

I've never seen one but heard their aftercare can be very hit and miss.

Interesting how not ONE person has mentioned so called efficiency :)

My personal opinion is I dont believe the rubbish of how efficient they all are. So many times I've been moaned at because the likes of bg promised huge savings on gas and it just hasn't happened.

I also think that the lack of reliability cancels out any efficiency savings.

Honestly give me a ideal Mexico or classic over any new boiler any day.

Yes we have got to think about our environment but shipping poor quality items (I'm not just talking about boilers but everything) from around the globe and brand them as efficient or green is extremely hypocritical. I believe the windmills around me all the parts are made in different parts of the world shipped to this country built hundreds of miles away then transported by diesel truck with diesel convoys then put up using diesel cranes by companies that are hundreds of miles away and they have a life span of 25 years then they have the cheek to say its green energy! I'm not buying into that at all.

Might be a little un PC, but I don’t give a sh**t about efficiency because I’m not paying the gas bill, long as it says A rated. (Efficient) Like folk said...back boiler 30 years, 3 thermocouples...Combi a problematic money pit! But I love boilers breaking down if I’m honest, so any manufacturers listening? Nice easy common faults are always welcome ;)

Reply to What makes a great boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
    • Love
Recent install Firebird 26kw Condensing boiler. Space heat only. Installed as replacement boiler in well insulated 80s renovated home. (Silver...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
My mother has a rented-out property at the above postcode. She's lives abroad and is stuck, and I am in a similar situation. Existing boiler is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock