Discuss What is wrong with my system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

The issue now seems like the temp on stat is reached but flame does not go off on the stat and therfore the boiler wants to fire up every few minutes but I I increase the temp to say 20 from 18c then the boiler remains fired up until the stat shows it has reached 20c and again the flame remains on display at that temp level
This is a description of what happens with a thermostat that has TPI control. Once the room is up to temperature the thermostat keeps it there by calling for heat with a boiler on/off ratio that matches the time-averaged boiler output to the losses. The flame symbol on the thermostat display won't go out until the room temperature is a degree or so above the set point (the top of the 'proportional band'), e.g. because solar gain is supplying enough heat to the room that the boiler is not needed.

So, essentially a Honeywell clone. The following links may be helpful:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

I think I’ve done them right
That's helpful.. My issue was on link 1 and you are right it detects 1 degree difference higher or lower before flame goes off. Baxi seemed to find no fault however still replaced my hot water motorised valve as peace of mind.

I do have another issue which I will post a seperate thread on later tonight which even baxi engineer couldn't suss out so will be interesting on opinions from you pros here. Thanks everyone.

Reply to What is wrong with my system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock