Discuss What is wrong with my system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

In theory it’s working and the rads should get hot

The issue now seems like the temp on stat is reached but flame does not go off on the stat and therfore the boiler wants to fire up every few minutes but I I increase the temp to say 20 from 18c then the boiler remains fired up until the stat shows it has reached 20c and again the flame remains on display at that temp level

Tbh don’t have a clue then as it sounds like the stats are working

Tbh don’t have a clue then as it sounds like the stats are working
Do you think that if I completely turn the HW off from the timer and then run CH on its own to see if the flame goes off as is there even a small chance that the hot water valve is still calling for hot water which is why the boiler fires and cuts off and not warming the rads to the temp and maintaining them on what has been set on the stat? That may be one possibility to maybe find that it is still the HW valve that's the problem.

Il do that in the morning and see if that helps then il know for sure it's the HW valve that is the cause of it. Will update again tomorrow as on night shift currently. Thanks for your time and patience. Will update soon. 👍

No as the hw doesn’t alter the heating stats calling / interface

You would be better to set some times into the programmer for central heating and check when the Heating is up to temperature to see if the boiler goes off if your on a constant setting you will have a permanent red neon light on the programmer monitoring a call for heat , faulty motorised valves are quite common and it should be simple to diagnose if the micro switch is not making and breaking correctly . Kop

You would be better to set some times into the programmer for central heating and check when the Heating is up to temperature to see if the boiler goes off if your on a constant setting you will have a permanent red neon light on the programmer monitoring a call for heat , faulty motorised valves are quite common and it should be simple to diagnose if the micro switch is not making and breaking correctly . Kop
I have baxi engineers coming out tomorrow as boiler has parts and labour warranty cover so will see what they diagnose as the problem and get back on this. Thanks

Reply to What is wrong with my system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
This valve is fitted to the lower heating coil of the hot water cylinder Can anyone say what is the point of it I have been told its a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
H
Wishing everyone on tgmhis forum a very happy Christmas!! I am working on a combi boiler which has problem with heating only. Water is heating...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock