Search the forum,

Discuss What is the deal with carbon monoxide and Smoke alarms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Good morning all

I have been tasked by one of my letting agents to ensure that their properties are all compliant with Septembers(?) regulation changes with regard to smoke and carbon monoxide alarms being fitted in letting properties.

My understanding was a minimum of two smoke alarms plus a carbon monoxide alarm. And that these had to be radio linked

is my understanding incorrect as the letting agent says that cheapie stand alone units will suffice.

Any thoughts

Thanks mate that is very helpful. I'm struggling with what is acceptable to install, that's the bit I can't find. Do they need to be hardwired, radio linked etc???

Unsure about that myself I would imagine that it would be no different to one you would need for gs regulations as long as they're of a high standard and are tested properly.

Yeah that's my problem mate. Agent is asking me to spec and advise on what's needed but I don't know :smile:

talk to your local building regs office, they will have a info sheet for you to use as a reference, can be useful as a terms of reference

Kris. Legend mate that's the ticket. Really appreciate your help

is it actually law to have carbon monoxide alarms yet?

No.
It will soon be required to have a CO alarm in a rented property containing a SOLID FUEL appliance. May be different in Scotlan, but as I am never going to work there, I can't be arrised to check.

talk to your local building regs office, they will have a info sheet for you to use as a reference, can be useful as a terms of reference[/QUOTE

You think they will have a clue? How touching:wink:

Why do we pay Gas Safe? Why not use them?

See I was told it was any open flued appliance

Makes sense. I dunno why the south side of the border have to water it down

Because if they don't redtape it they don't make any money off of it . I spoke to a fireman friend of mine who said that if the person lives in Dorset they can get the alarms fitted for free by the fire service. Now do I tell my letting agents that, of course I don't

To reignite this one. One of my letting agents has been told that they require CO alarms for any gas appliance in a rental property. I was led to believe that it was open flue only but agent says they were told this directly from LBC. Sooooo confused

To reignite this one. One of my letting agents has been told that they require CO alarms for any gas appliance in a rental property. I was led to believe that it was open flue only but agent says they were told this directly from LBC. Sooooo confused !!! Any thoughts guys as I really need to advise on this

Cheers Phill that was my thinking, I just don't know what you're supposed to do if the local building control has told you different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is the deal with carbon monoxide and Smoke alarms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock