Search the forum,

Discuss what happens now in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
went to commision a boiler this evening and there is insufficent gas at the meter 15 mb ive shut of and told the customer to get gas board in morning i know it could be just the regulator but its a plastic pipe inside the old iron pipe on im betting on it needing a new service
anyone had this and what was the outcomedo the gas suppliers have to replace ?
bummer is there a new drive just been laid

Had this and they had re lay a new main from the road, should have uncommissioned label on boiler etc

Hi Steve, personally and honestly!!!

If I knew the gas supplier would be able to rectify the problem tonight I'd have done as you've done and turned off..

however if I'm honest .... It's a cold night ... I'd have gas rated it, made sure no other appliances were "seriously" effected and then decided what course of action to take from the readings...! I've seen appliances work as low as 9 mbar and otherwise be okay...! All depends on circumstances TBH... IMHO

You CAN'T leave it as it is but to to leave someone with nothing for a 'technicality'...............! Circumstance is the call in any situation in my experience :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard choice to make though, and it wont stand up in a court that 'you were only............' But agree its a hard choice to make.

Too many ifs though, what if they call another GSR in and he ARs it etc, you cant be blamed for doing the right thing on a technicality

Why tell custard to call in morning? Call up with smell of gas and low pressure.... On site in 25mins. Max 2 hrs. If it was justs reg u could have done it all and left them cosy and warm. Probably mole in a new main!

Had undersized supply pipework a few times now. Transco want a min of 15 mb at the meter so have had situations where we have isolated appliances and range rated boilers down for safe opperation. Not a perfect situation but give the cust some heat, they come and dig up drive and increase mains within a couple of days. They put everything back all pretty well I must say as two had brand new brick weave drives and all looked good after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to what happens now in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock