Discuss What expansion gaps for 110mm pvc pipework? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PinkyPerky

I know that you should chamfer the ends of cut pipe to ease entry at connections and avoid damaging the seal, and also to match the internal profile of junctions. I have also read that you should pull the pipe out 10mm to allow for thermal expansion. Is this right and is it at every junction?

I have never heard that, nor have I ever seen anyone ive worked with do that.

I am not a plumber. I asked because the Wickes Good Idea Leaflet 74 that I have in front of me says with pictures for underground drainage:-
Push pipe fully mark lightly with pencil
Spigot fittings will have mark already shown
Withdraw pipe (10mm). This will allow for expansion. All fitting must be supported by a bracket when installed vertically.
Their leaflets are usually informative

Yes you should insert the waste pipe , whatever size and them pull it out a nats , 32/40 about 5 ish mm 110 I would guess 8 ish

Many Years ago, I think it was Osama, used to a cardboard spacer glued in to the socket so that after a time it fell out and you have the built in expansion joint, so they must be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What expansion gaps for 110mm pvc pipework? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a 9yr old 3 story townhouse with showers on the 1st and 2nd floor, a bath on the 1st and toilets and basins on all three floors...
Replies
Views
Hi, After a bit of a saga with my plumber, I need to chose boiler size as soon as possible, the plumber is not going to do any heat loss...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Been having a real saga and head scratching situation. I originally had 1 problem, and now 2. Original issue: Air being built up in...
Replies
Views
I came across this for the first time yesterday, i have seen something similiar in the past when i was an apprentice but that was a long time ago...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock