Search the forum,

Discuss : What Electric water heater for a 2 bed flat ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Friend has been notified by their Freeholder that the communal Boiler for heating and H/W will need upgrading at a cost of 80-100K per apartment !! They are going to get many quotes and options themselves as this seems extortion ! Or Each flat can fit their own. But Must be Electric . Its a tiny flat that only has 2 rads fed from main boiler .The other 3 are super efficient German heaters that are ok and dont cost a fortune to run . So they need water for bathroom (bath combined stand up shower ) and kitchen . What electric options are worth considering ????? There is NOT a lot of room! SO no chance of a huge tank etc etc .Needs to be a little more " instant "

Chances are its going to be single phase .... Dont think he can get 3. I like the Stiebel Eltrons as his heaters are the same brand and very good

Stiebel Eltron​

Last edited:
Little unvented around 90-120l should do as for heating could they install 2 more of those electric heaters they already have ?

Friend has been notified by their Freeholder that the communal Boiler for heating and H/W will need upgrading at a cost of 80-100K per apartment !!
Unless they live in Buckingham Palace, I suspect that they've been told that total cost for the boiler upgrade, not the cost per flat.

If every flat converts from communal CH to electric heating I'd expect there to be significant costs involved in uprating the building's electricity supply in addition to the cost of the water heaters.

I would consider a joule direct unvented cylinder say 90 litres and a couple more stand alone panel heaters providing he has the power and decent mains water supply

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-055045.png
    Screenshot_20211109-055045.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20211109-055013.png
    Screenshot_20211109-055013.png
    231.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20211109-055106.png
    Screenshot_20211109-055106.png
    262.4 KB · Views: 5

Reply to : What Electric water heater for a 2 bed flat ? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock