Search the forum,

Discuss What do you guys think of this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
BOXT : Buy Worcester and Baxi boilers online with installation

Basically no quotation visit, 2 mins to click though a multiple choice form to give you quite a low price to fit a boiler in the next day. Every order includes a free £180 honeywell thermostat
and a Fernox filter

One of the reviews
"What a fantastic service. Craig the installer arrived at 7.20 a.m, the boiler was delivered before 8 and Craig left site by 1.30 p.m. AND the whole deal from order to completion was 24 hours !!!! Unbelievable. What swung it for me to place the order was the 10 year manufacturer backed boiler warranty. The whole job fully installed within 24 hours and plus smart thermostat, chemical flush and sludge filter for £1800. Beat that !!! We even received £50 discount for having the install next day."

I done a quote for straight combi swap for Worcester, quoted £1720 thats with £100 filter, £180 stat and flush. What does that leave after all materials, flue, chemicals, around £300?

Looks dodgy to me, the reviews seem unreal, when pricing a job they give you same price for Worcester as Vokera?? Also can they really give you a price online, what if the flue needs offsetting 30mm or gas needs upsizing? Surely this is a con

Last edited:
If you read the terms and conditions the site survey is done by photos and if things are different when they get on site the price will change accordingly.

Reading them now.. and this is in the FAQ

Should I repair or replace my boiler?
- Replace. A repair can sometimes be as expensive as a brand new boiler. And you could easily have more problems with a repaired boiler further down the line.

:eek:

Any where from 1800 to just over 3k

Straight combi swap cheap is horizontal
Expensive is vertical

image.png

image.png

They also price to do all the work in 1 day so its a rip out and throw in service, alright if you dony mind what it looks like.

But then a heat only to heat only swap is pretty simple.

Guess who owns them Amazon :D been around since 05 tho

They also price to do all the work in 1 day so its a rip out and throw in service, alright if you dony mind what it looks like.

But then a heat only to heat only swap is pretty simple.

Heat only swap just over 2k straight swap

the only way I see this kind of thing working is :

a) they will pull out of their "quote" almost every time and blame it on information supplied by customer. Charge the real doe for any extra work.
b) their "gas safe" installers arent really gas safe just work under one company ticket and get paid £100 quid to fit a boiler in 4 hours

I mean british gas makes thousands profit from single install and pays their engineers just over 100 quid per install. These guys make few hundred quid profit tops whats left for the installer?

the only way I see this kind of thing working is :

a) they will pull out of their "quote" almost every time and blame it on information supplied by customer. Charge the real doe for any extra work.
b) their "gas safe" installers arent really gas safe just work under one company ticket and get paid £100 quid to fit a boiler in 4 hours

I mean british gas makes thousands profit from single install and pays their engineers just over 100 quid per install. These guys make few hundred quid profit tops whats left for the installer?

Wow, are BG prices for subcontractors really that bad?? That's shocking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What do you guys think of this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock