Discuss What do you class as drinking too much? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkAqua

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As title really? What would you say is the definition between a social few and stepping over the line is.

The wife says I drink too much, which is hypercritical to say the lease, as we met in a pub, drunk. Albeit me more than her.

I used to drink most evenings, either down the pub or a few at home. At one point it did become a little bit out of control - maybe a bottle of Cpt Morgans a night or at least 2/3s. However for one reason or another I wasn't in the best time of my life then.

Now I tend to stick to the weekends only, maybe a couple of cans on a Thursday,but, generally just Friday and Saturday night - either down the local or at home. consume roughly the same amount, 8-10 pints on Friday and Saturday.

I don't think this to be excessive? Although I appreciate it's what has become known as binge drinking.

I've been going to the pub every Friday after work since I was 15. I suppose it's just become a habit?

How much do you guys drink?

I use to drink heavy on weekends friday and all day sat/sunday benders .

Now i drink on occasions birthdays or out for meals etc

Feel much better for it .

What is drinking to much? If you drink every night even just one or two i would wonder why

I don't tend to have one or two. As once I start, then that's it. I do sometimes wish I would knock it on the head completely. Even just for the kids sakes. Both my parents drink a fair amount, which is probably where mine comes from. Don't really want my kids to follow suit. I do only drink once they're in bed though.

I hardly drink but when I do o get lashed up quickly.

I used to drink 20 years ago in my twenties but now at 45 very rare

Never drink at home, parents didn't drink at home.

Go out maybe once every other month with a mate, 4-5 pints and I'm slurring!! Having a great time but the hangovers are bad. They take 2/3 maybe 4 days to go!

7 nights a week is beer & wine to de stress me, I say stress but it`s the utter boredom and knowing tomorrow is going to be another Groundhog Day.

I think drinking 8-10 pints at home is excessive but what do I know?! Not drunk capt Morgans for years, I used to love a drop of that.

subliminally I probably think it to be excessive, probably why I'm asking here - to find someone who drinks more! I never used to drink at home, It's only since the kids and not having much spare time; or people willing to babysit lol.

Most people i know who drink on week nights is because i find they seem bored ,

i do fair bit of swimming in eves at moment stops boredom setting in

Most people i know who drink on week nights is because i find they seem bored ,

i do fair bit of swimming in eves at moment stops boredom setting in

I agree with this. When I get home, if it isn't to late I will take the kids to the park or out on the bikes. Then once they're in bed I will go swimming or out on the bike myself- Or do invoicing/ book keeping. Joys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What do you class as drinking too much? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock