Discuss What are my options replacing toilet with waste pipe in floor? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

A few years ago I had to replace my old, 1960's downstairs loo as it had a crack in it. I was told that, because the waste pipe went down into a hole in the concrete floor and because of the distance of that hole from the back wall (20cm), I'd need a loo with a concealed cistern in a large, pretty deep MDF unit, so that the toilet would line up with the waste pipe. But because of the depth of that unit, it means that the 'sitting position' with the new toilet is now quite a lot further into the room so that you almost feel as though you're sitting next to the door and the tiny room feels even more cramped.

I want to get this room refurbished now and would like to replace the loo with one that sits further back towards the back wall. But what sort of toilet should I look for? Is it even possible to find a modern toilet what would work with the position of the waste hole? Or do I need to get the waste hole filled in and a new one cut out closer to the back wall? If so, this sounds like it might be a horrible, expensive job...

Attachments

• C1F43734-033B-48BC-8C92-01112E101682.jpeg
    C1F43734-033B-48BC-8C92-01112E101682.jpeg
    409.7 KB · Views: 37
  • C98A1CFA-11E6-4459-B1FA-C06155B527C2.jpeg
    C98A1CFA-11E6-4459-B1FA-C06155B527C2.jpeg
    421.7 KB · Views: 24
Look for Bottom outlet toilet and hopefully you will find one to suit.
Decent price that.

Reply to What are my options replacing toilet with waste pipe in floor? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock