Discuss Wet underfloor heating help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rossp82

Hi All,
I have a water underfloor system that doesn't appear to be working and I am after any advice anyone is able to offer....

I can't seem to find any information about the system, it was in there when we bought the property.
What temp should the stat be set on - was at 3 but goes up to 8max.

Also how do I adjust the flow rate as it doesn't seem to be warm enough and I am unsure how to adjust?

Picture attached - the flow rate looks like it is below the min..
IMG_6740.jpg

Really could use some advice here? I am based in Epping Essex if anyone local is able assist

Many thanks

A Rather confused

Ross

are the red valves at the bottom manifold open did it work and then stop or has it never worked?im in walthamstow but booked up til thursday

Hi Steve,
i tried to adjust - believe they are open, I can turn them red caps at the bottom and they just come off? But no change that I can see.
it has worked for about 2 years....
I seem to remember the flow rate was closer to 1-2 rather than 0-1
many thanks
Ross

I have attached a pic of the pump

It is set to the fastest flow I think... Is humming away and the pipe to the top side of the pump is quite warm... so assume that means warm water is flowing north to the flow side?

IMG_6735.jpg

Those guages are showing no flow so pump is not running or the flow valves are closed

Polypipe flow restrictors are renowned for blocking and the mixing valve can seize. But looking at your install, I would go for the pump first. Take out the large screw in the centre of the pump and see if it is spinning. ( stick a small screwdriver in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet underfloor heating help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock