Search the forum,

Discuss Wet and Dry Vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolly

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi I've seen screw fix are doing karcha ones for under 50quid would have thought it will be quite good

I got the £35 from b and q and it hasn't let me down yet

Just have to empty it more often

I've got a Titan one from Screwfix, paid around £40 for it, no complaints.

I bought a Karcher from Plumbfix. Problem is the seal is poor and it has the habit of spraying water all over customers lovely new carpets. It now lives in the garage with all the other useless tools I have bought over the years.

Its funny how forums vary in opinion. I asked this on another forum a few times and general opinion was anything under £100 was rubbish !

Karcher ones are utter tosh, bad filter design and they leak. don't bother. Just bought myself a nilfisk multi on Wednesday and its immeasurably better.

Wickes one's are great IMO I used them for allsorts in the past but they seem to change every 3 years now getting a new filter is immposible so need a new one myself

Best wet vac by far is to get your mouth over a bit of inch and a half pipe and sook for Britain.

No leccy costs or leaky filters to worry about either.

I use the Earlex mainly for servicing. great little hoover!

[DLMURL="http://www.earlex.co.uk/wd1000.html"]Earlex | HVLP SprayStations, wallpaper strippers, heat guns, wet 'n' dry vacs, steam cleaners[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got the Wickes one as well. Great little machine, does the job but cheap enough that I'm not too precious about it. I didn't fit the castors and chucked all the tools out as all I want is the hose. Don't need any fancy filters as it's just used for wet pick up, the Henry is used for dry work. Gets me out of trouble at least once a week. This weeks one was catching the water as I cut out a blocked cold feed, ten feet of pipe above the blockage which was directly above the boiler.

has anyone used the Metabo as1200 wet/dry vacuum? can be had for less than a Henry or George and seems to have almost identical spec apart from capacity is much larger on the Metabo model.

he wasnt cheap but I luv my george does wet and dry and wet cleans the carpet when you really cock up a rad removal.

bought my wickes vac as my vax one kept leaking black stuff on carpets.
I took it in the attic today and it fitted through a small gap, meaning that i dint have to bring the F&E down to clean it out.

mine is light, doesnt leak, very powerful (used it for cleaning F&E tank then emptied it and used it 10 minutes later to hoover carpet of dust from attic.
I am so impressed.

Only issue is that the filter ends up getting wet when it is full so be careful when opening.

And also the wickes one has a blow side aswell, meaning that if you have a blockage in pipe you could try pushing it out aswell as sucking it out and also clean filters/ boilers out with it for that hard to reach dust/ dirt

Last edited by a moderator:
Best wet vac by far is to get your mouth over a bit of inch and a half pipe and sook for Britain.

No leccy costs or leaky filters to worry about either.

Would fancy doing that on a saniflow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet and Dry Vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock