Search the forum,

Discuss **** - WELCOME TO THE NEW FORUM!!! - **** in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
WELCOME TO THE NEW UKPLUMBERSFORUMS.CO.UK
We've got the forum running again now, as you can see, and we're rocking the new forum software. Might take a bit of getting used to, but give it time. We're not going back to the old one, so if you don't like it, short of me tweaking the odd thing, you'll have to lump it.

It comes with some pretty cool new features which I'm setting up and enabling over the next few days. So I'll announce those as and when. But I'll stick around for a bit to walk you through it as and when you get a bit stuck. Just reply to this thread and I'll head over.

:)

Hi Dan,

Thanks very much for getting the forum sorted that quick. Thumbs up!
I guess we definitely need to get used to the new layout of the forum. It's just a matter of time that's all.

Reactions: Dan
It's fairly intuitive and it works brilliantly across all devices. I'll not enable too much too soon though so you get used to the core system first kinda thing. :)

Next steps are:-
  1. Sort out the usergroups (some permissions may not be correct, inc staff)
  2. Sort out the ads (remove them for logged in users, get the sponsors well displayed)
  3. Enable push notifications to mobile devices
Then I'll calm down a bit and let you just get used to it. As there are probably 20 other bits after that. And it'll just baffle you if I did it all now.

joined about 2 mouths ago was geting right into it bit loss at the moment but i am sure it will be better

joined about 2 mouths ago was geting right into it bit loss at the moment but i am sure it will be better

The layout is pretty much the same. The look is the only thing which is a bit different. A couple of days maybe a week or so and everybody will be ok with it.

To me it's a great job of Dan

Just a note to say the smilies will be sorted ASAP but right now there are more important things to do first. Hang in there :)

Post once (then wait about 20 minutes) and you'll see no Google ads at all. At least for now while we get used to the place.

We will however stick the sponsors banner back on. But they're a different size now so I just need to knock some up and chat to the sponsors etc about what they'd like. Leave that with me. We'll have the weekend pretty much ad-free for now (for those who have posted that is).

Good to have you back have missed you guys ....thanks to Dan may take me awhile to adjust but I'll just put it down to age lol....regards Turnpin:)

not liking it
i use a mobile device and its totally not friendly.
the tapatalk interface has been ruined and now displays this forum as we see it on a Pc on a phone sized screen. (ive had to log on to a Pc to type this post)

think ill be going awol again like i did a few months ago.
what with all the double posting, slow response times and now the tapatalk lack of support i think ive had enough of trying to participate.
and also there seems to be a poor login-loop via tapatalk where you just cant get logged in.

not impressed

and Ps - boagie1 is newcastle phill - stupid thing wont log me in under correct username

Last edited by a moderator:
not liking it
i use a mobile device and its totally not friendly.
the tapatalk interface has been ruined and now displays this forum as we see it on a Pc on a phone sized screen. (ive had to log on to a Pc to type this post)

think ill be going awol again like i did a few months ago.
what with all the double posting, slow response times and now the tapatalk lack of support i think ive had enough of trying to participate.
and also there seems to be a poor login-loop via tapatalk where you just cant get logged in.

not impressed
Don't use tapatalk. Just use your web browser. We're reverting away from tapatalk. We haven't installed it on this forum software. So it wont be displaying correctly at all. And I dare say in a day or two, wont load at all (once we shut off the old forum content from the old server).

It works and looks brilliant on mobiles or tablets using your normal web browser. I'm sure many will confirm.

And if you let me know what login error you get when trying with your normal account, I'll help. It's usually user error though not the forum, as you have confirmed yourself it is possible to login. As you've logged in using another account.

:D

Dan, I used to get emails if anyone replied to a post, is it something I should be activating here?

Well thats me done.
On a mobile device this is a pain in the arse. Totally not a good experience.
If it isn'tuser friendly whats the point.
Every post is a struggle. Tapatalk makes it easier and i dont need to wear my glasses.

A good forum ruined imho to date.
What is the point in upsetting the balance with this stupid update ??

Count me out.

Newcastle phill - over and out.

Email me if this changes - as it is im not even bothering - its such a chew on with a phone.

One annoyed off member

Well thats me done.
On a mobile device this is a pain in the arse. Totally not a good experience.
If it isn'tuser friendly whats the point.
Every post is a struggle. Tapatalk makes it easier and i dont need to wear my glasses.

A good forum ruined imho to date.
What is the point in upsetting the balance with this stupid update ??

Count me out.

Newcastle phill - over and out.

Email me if this changes - as it is im not even bothering - its such a chew on with a phone.

One annoyed off member
Can't please 'em all.

Anybody else struggling to see or read the forum or prefer the old style?

Last edited:
"Cant please em all"...

Youve messed with a winning formula.

The devil's in the detail dan -

Now the text is too small.
Too clustered.
Cant have a dark background with white text ( a must when missus trying to sleep in bed.

Anyone who uses tapatalk, which incidentaly market share js growing year on year - you are alienating with an old pc-friendly format software.

All i will say is...

Reconsider

• Disagree
"Cant please em all"...

Youve messed with a winning formula.

The devil's in the detail dan -

Now the text is too small.
Too clustered.
Cant have a dark background with white text ( a must when missus trying to sleep in bed.

Anyone who uses tapatalk, which incidentaly market share js growing year on year - you are alienating with an old pc-friendly format software.

All i will say is...

Reconsider
Winning formula? Who's stats are you going off mate? Did you not see all the "god it's quiet in here" posts?

Tapatalk is old news.

All devices now provide push notifications direct from web browsers, other than iOS which is the last one to roll it out.

We are using PushOver (see thread HERE) which is the way to go about it these days.

I'm not sending the data of 10's of thousands of users to Tapatalk anymore. They don't abide by the same laws or rules as us in Eu. They're Chinese. Many large forums are reverting from them, all of ours too.

What I'd suggest is:-
  1. Learn how to turn down your screen brightness or go sleep when your mrs does
  2. Try the lost password form for your other account now the email queue is getting lower and emails are going out (which I think is the main reason you're moaning to be honest)
And don't think that this is ill-thought out.

I've spent years practising and planning this forum transfer. Done it on 28. You're the last on here.

I'm literally not taking web design or stat-increasing-related advice from any forum members today lol

Deal with what we've got or move on and stop wasting both of our times please. :D

WELCOME TO THE NEW UKPLUMBERSFORUMS.CO.UK
We've got the forum running again now, as you can see, and we're rocking the new forum software. Might take a bit of getting used to, but give it time. We're not going back to the old one, so if you don't like it, short of me tweaking the odd thing, you'll have to lump it.

It comes with some pretty cool new features which I'm setting up and enabling over the next few days. So I'll announce those as and when. But I'll stick around for a bit to walk you through it as and when you get a bit stuck. Just reply to this thread and I'll head over.

:)
Looks good. Excited to be back

Under What`s new? or Alerts if you have posted on that thread plus you get an alert in your email inbox Ron.

Thanks for the quick help, rpm.
With the alert I knew but didn't check just yet the "what's new"

Top man cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to **** - WELCOME TO THE NEW FORUM!!! - **** in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock