Search the forum,

Discuss Weather compensator for Firebird Oil Boiler? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a space heat only 26kw output Firebird Condensing oil boiler. I only use it for my homes space heating nothing else. Well insulated 80s renovated home.

20220104_205834.jpg

You can see there the boiler temperature stat is the simple white box.

I recall about 10 years ago there used to be generic weather compensator you could install to any home. But searching now all I can see are ones meant for a specific boiler. Eg Worchester gas boiler.

Can anyone advise on a simple weather compensator I may be able to fit here with an external temperature sensor to enable auto adjustment of the boiler flow temps VS the outside weather?

I guess it may be worth emailing this company on the system in the PDF.

I would want the system with, room temp sensors, boiler temp sensors & external temp sensor inputs to cater for 2no zones.

Attachments

• Universal-Heating-Controller-UNIH-Datasheet-0415.pdf
    830.7 KB · Views: 10
Won’t work as it can’t communicate with the boiler you can’t wc fully an oil boiler as there’s no brain also no modulation would need to change the boiler to something like a navien or Viessmann

Won’t work as it can’t communicate with the boiler you can’t wc fully an oil boiler as there’s no brain also no modulation would need to change the boiler to something like a navien or Viessmann

On finding the instructions for this, attached I think it is a main programmer and takes the inputs of the sensors which you buy from them. eg, boiler pipe sensors and exterior / room sensors. It has a number of settings also per the manual.

Not saying it's ideal but may be one of the few options to weather compensate a std oil boiler. It would maintain the independant time & temp zone control I have too. But would like to check is it simple to boost because I generally dont time all zones each day as alot of the time we are both working late.

It's also not a smart controller so no wi fi funtionality. I will send them a number of Qs I have and also research more on other alternatives. I think being able to auto control the boiler flow temps comensurate with the exterior weather could equate to a decent efficiency gain - in particular in the milder autumn season etc.

I could also settle on just manually adjusting the boiler temp myself - just want to explore what options there are.

Attachments

• Universal-Heating-Controller-Instruction-sheet.pdf
    308.3 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Weather compensator for Firebird Oil Boiler? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock