Discuss WB HS - electrical issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Had 2 interesting jobs this week on Heatslaves.

Firstly, fuse kept blowing (3.15A fast blows - always keep some in the van). Worked it down to the coil. This is the second Heatslave this month with the same diagnosis, anyone else had that?

Second job of interest was another HS with a leaking flow switch and burner lock out. I fixed the switch but couldntu get the burner to stay on. I tried the old trick of a quick off/ on just before lock out which fired her up but only until next cycle. This sometimes allows any damp in the electrics to dry out.
Then I found even more wet in the control box and base.
Turns out the flow switch was letting water through itself into the cable sleeve, up the sleeve to the 2 pin plug, dripping off the plug onto the base of the electrical housing right next to the burner umbilical. Water then draining down into the control box base!! I blew it through and loads came out.

So I added a rubber washer and some ptfe to the flow switch and cut the cable sleeving to let any water drain out until I get a new switch. I then dried the electrics out with a hair drier.

Annoyingly, I had a text this morning to say its blown the fuse again so something must be damaged. Lord knows how Im going to get to the bottom of that as the fuse is blowing so late on. I tested all the functions before I left so its nothing obvious.

Is this on the same boiler or two different ones?If so which one is still faulting?

Not had a fastblow with the coil. Normally pump or 3 port. At least its plug and play.

With the flow switch ive seen that a couple of times. I strip back the sleeve now so it stays outside the panel.

Is this on the same boiler or two different ones?If so which one is still faulting?

Separate boilers, leaky one still tripping. The drip from the flow switch plug did also get to the pump but could that blow intermittently?

Only other way is to keep going back and unplugging bits again but leave boiler 'on'

Check the stat in the control panel I have had the same problem when the water tracks up the cable sleeve from the flow switch it goes onto the stat and shorts it out

Found the latest problem, water was tracking up one of the the actual wires aswell as the sleeving on the flow switch but also the diverter valve was leaking into the pump. This thing will end up like Triggers broom....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to WB HS - electrical issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello All, New to the forum so apologies if do any faux pas. But I have an Aqalisa Electric Quartz Shower 9.5kw (8 years old) and currently it...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an oil burner which is controlled via Tado to heat my home. My hot water cylinder is heated with water from the burner and also has a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock