Discuss Water usage very high when went on holidays in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys I am Rob and new on this forum, hope someone can shed some light on my very strange issue. Thanks in advance to all the replies.

I seem to us around 6 to 7 cubic meters per month. But in October that doubled to nearly 16 cubic meters.

The funny thing is I went on holidays from the 6th to the 20th of October, so was not even using water. So very confused.

I don't have any outside tap, and I don't think my neighbours robbed it.

So still trying to figure out what happened. It was back to 6 and 7 cubic meters for Nov and Dec.

So if had a leak outside of house and no one has fixed it then it should be still high.

We did not leave any taps on.

The only thing I did different was

I turned off the hot and cold valves in the Hot press and emptied out the two toilets and ran the taps till empty.
I did not turn off the mains water.

So is it possible that maybe the cold water storage tank in the attic was overflowing over the two weeks and hence why all this water usage.

No leaks in house or any stains on any roofs.

Why would turning of the valves cause the cold water storage tank to do this or is it something else?

Thanks in Advance for all the comments

Aliens searching for water Rob? lol
Haven`t got a clue bud but welcome to the forum all the same.

do you have an internal meter or external (in a pit)

Hi Rob. Guess you are from Northern Ireland?
Your overflow on cold tank could be running water when you are away. No water will be drawn from the tank, so the ballvalve if slightly faulty could be passing water. Very common while people go on holiday.

Thats sounds more like it. You are probably right. The tank was the only thing that could be leaking out the drain pipe. So the ball valve might be the issue. So would it be cause I turned off the water in the hot press? Because does not seem to drip any water all day when not using water in house.

Reply to Water usage very high when went on holidays in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock