Search the forum,

Discuss Water store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a clifford

Our plumber quoted for a Heatrae Sadia water store (Indirect cylinder 300l). He now says he will fit a Centre Store one and insists it is exactly the same model. He says that HS make the CS ones but dont put their badges on them so its cheaper. However, he says he isnt going to pass this cost saving to us as he insists this is what he originally quoted for.
Is he taking the mickey??

I would imagine if you have a written quote, that itemizes a heatrae sadia cylinder, then thats what e should supply you with? He has no obligation to pass a saving on materials to you though, (what brought about the sudden change of heart?) ??

He claims his original quote was for a Heatrae. It isnt. Ive got the original quote.
Anyway, is it true that HS make the Centrestore cylinders? How can I find this out?

Why not get other quotes?

It seems as though there's no trust or any form of a relationship between you both now which is essential for the job to go smoothly.

Better to cut and run before it goes pears.

I am totally confused now, have no idea wether or not heatrae make centrestores sorry? Try heatrae cust services? get at least two or three more quotes for the job if he's confused about what he's fitting it doesnt bode well for you job ? good luck!

I know the centrestore use the heatrae immersions. Arm and a leg.

First of all is he g3 qualified. Heatrae are not worth the money. There are plenty of good value cylinders out there that do the same job and everybody has a favourite. I like the centerstore, but build center closed by us and became jewsons, so now I use the rm ones. Nice bit of kit. I have also used the warmflow ones, but you need straight connectors or elbows to connect to it as it doesnt come with compression fittings.

I have run Heatrae Sadia and they were very helpful. They confirmed that the centrestore cylinder is made by them. However, I wilk ve discussing thus with the plumber tomorrow. Thanks all for your comments.

totally agree with croppie, this appears to have gone wrong before its started, try somebody else IMO

The center store is ok. But your installer is an idiot. Get a new one they'll them that u want a center store and when the give u quote u know what it should be

If you specifically want a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo, and he's not prepared to install that for the quoted price, then as others have said, you need to get more quotes and ensure you compare like-with-like.
Heatrae Sadia's Megaflo are probably the most expensive unvented cylinders on the market, so anything other brand should reduce the overall cost.
Get more quotes!

Our plumber quoted for a Heatrae Sadia water store (Indirect cylinder 300l). He now says he will fit a Centre Store one and insists it is exactly the same model. He says that HS make the CS ones but dont put their badges on them so its cheaper. However, he says he isnt going to pass this cost saving to us as he insists this is what he originally quoted for.
Is he taking the mickey??

I wonder if he would be happy if I quoted him for a Porsche and delivered a Skoda, and then argued that they were both made by VW?

Id just be happy to be in a position to order a porsche. But then again if I was, it wouldnt be a porsche.

Id just be happy to be in a position to order a porsche. But then again if I was, it wouldnt be a porsche.

I could be tempted. If all goes well, and if Mrs S will stand it, my next might be either a Boxster or a Macan.

If you specifically want a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo, and he's not prepared to install that for the quoted price, then as others have said, you need to get more quotes and ensure you compare like-with-like.
Heatrae Sadia's Megaflo are probably the most expensive unvented cylinders on the market, so anything other brand should reduce the overall cost.
Get more quotes!

Not the most expensive and nowhere near the best. I would rate oso above a mega poop and an ACV above anything else.

Not the most expensive and nowhere near the best. I would rate oso above a mega poop and an ACV above anything else.

Yes, I've heard a lot about ACV and they do look impressive. I'm sure they're very good, especially for their fast re-heat times. I look forward to installing one soon, and then I'll be a big fan of them too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock